MAXI cobs????

bellgave

Visit site
Having recently been converted to cobs, I have been on the look out to add to my "collection" I have a 4 yearold LW and a 3 yr old HW so have been on the look out for something a bit older to be competeing whilst I wait for the babies to mature.
Went to see a nice LW but I know there is no way he will get his life height next year, I mean NO WAY!!! However he is a very very nice horse. So does anyone know what classes are around for Maxi cobs? can they do the working cob classes? Are there lots of shows with Maxi cob classes, do they qualify for anything? Does it look like they are going to really take off and come up to a level taken as seriously as LW/HW classes?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Ummm, sorry to sound so ignorant, but what do you mean he won't get his life height next year (he's still growing?)
And what's a maxi cob???
Thanks
smile.gif

Confused TB owner
tongue.gif
blush.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Think Maxi classes are becoming more common. They had a class at the Cranley Show this year. There were some seriously hugh cobs in there 16hh++. Looks like there were both LW & HW in class, sorry don't know what did best as went to watch mate show-jumping before the end of the class.

Beanyowner

Visit site
Hi Bellgave...

I am a MAXI cob owner! They are becoming more popular with loads of maxi classes being held around Surrey area. I am based in Bristol and the classes are still slightly limited but as I said they are gaining in popularity. There have been rumours flying that there may be a Royal International qualifier for next season and that Maxi cobs may be included in the working cobs which would be very good but I am not sure if this will actually happen or not as yet.
Lynn Russell is an advocate for the Maxi cob classes and has been trying to push the classes as much as possible and some of the other professional cob producers are starting to follow suit. There was an article in West Country Riders or Ridgeway Riders a few months ago commenting on the South West Maxi Cob Owners Club or something like that...they are also trying to push the classes as much as possible so I think the classes can only gain in popularity.
I competed at Royal Bath & West where there were around 12/13 cobs in the class and apparently there has been a good turn out of cobs at Malvern and Chard as well but unfortunatly Benson decided it was a good time to throw a shoe and go lame for those shows (Grrrrr!!).

I hope you do decide to continue with your cob and give the Maxi's a go!! We need the numbers to try and get the classes included for HOYS and Olympia in future years!!!
grin.gif

Good luck!

Claire
cool.gif