Maxvit museli from Horse Health?

Halfstep

Visit site
Has anyone used this? I am looking at cutting down my feeding costs significantly, and if I replace the balancer (Bailey's Lo Cal) that I currently feed with something like this I'll save a LOT. My plan is to feed only HiFi, oats and this vit. supplement (plus joint supplement and electrolytes when necessary). How does this sound for a dressage horse is medium to hard work living out 24/7 on decent but not lush grass?

gothdolly

Visit site
What is the dosage for the Maxvit Museli? I have never heard of it before but had a quick look at the website. If you are looking to reduce costs, have you tried Feedmark Benevit Advance? I have my good doer appy x connemara and my TB x ID (who needs more condition)on Benevit, they both are doing great. I just vary the amount of alfa A Oil for both. The TB x gets 6 scoops plus Benevit and cobby Appy gets one scoop plus benevit. I think the benevit works out at 12p per day as I buy large tubs from Feedmark

Halfstep

Visit site
Apparently the 2kg pot lasts 64 days for a normal sized horse - at present the LoCal lasts less than that, just over one month for me.

Worried1

Visit site
I tried a different solution after trying to juggle the cost of regumate for Diva.

I now feed her Releve (http://www.saracen-horse-feeds.co.uk/products/42691437/re-leve/) from Saracen, it has elevated minerals and is rich in vitamin E which is low sugar and low starch but calorie and oil dense so I don't need anywhere near as much as I used to when I feed Outshine and a nut.

I feed this along with Mollichaff calming chaff (http://www.friendshipestates.co.uk/vmchk/mollichaff/mollichaff-calmer.html) - this is in itself a complete feed so again is balanced.

Her feed bills have been cut dramtically and she looks fantastic and her energy levels are great - no silliness but plenty of fuel in the tank.

I pay about £12/bag of Releve and feed 4 mugs per day split into two feeds - this lasts her 22 days and a sack of Mollichaff lasts forever!

gothdolly

Visit site
OK, I worked out that the Benevit costs me 17p per day when fed at the maintenance/lightwork level for a 16.2hh horse, because I buy the large sack.

The Releve from Saracen sounds interesting I must check that out!