Maz the lurcher

Shady

Visit site
Gorgeous Twiggy! love her all wrapped up doing the headscarf look!
Is this the same one who is almost in the fire???
My step son has a lurcher , he got him as a pup from some dodgy guy on free ads or something, skinny, wormy, full of fleas and no idea of the mix( silly sod never asked) He has grown into the most massive Lurcher and looks very similar to this but bigger. I am now wondering what the mix is. Somebody did say Dane or Bull and he certainly looked a bit Staffy when young but not too much now.
Is this a popular mix Twiggy?, I have no idea. I have asked him for a photo so I can post on here. Perhaps I will ask again. It would be interesting to know, he's a super dog , really handsome

I think I am beginning to write like Donald Trump, in short sentences
Dear God
Somebody shoot me

Last edited:

twiggy2

Visit site
Yes it's the same one, I can only cope with one lurcher at a time and I often say no more long legs for me (I mean it this time).
Staffie blood in lurchers is very common, especially in the south, it makes them more biddable and also more game (they don't back off from pain but fight back!), it also makes them a bit heavier so better for fox/deer work, first crosses and those that are heavier are also used for badger.
I like them because they are happy go lucky clowns as a general rule but my last one took life a little more seriously.
A picture would be worth seeing, you can usually see the bull in a lurcher.

Shady

Visit site
And here she is, still as beautiful as ever. She is now about 9yrs old and hasn't really changed at all.
Shady did you ever get a photo of your sons one?
View attachment 99734
Oh she is so pretty Twiggy:)
Things sadly changed a lot health wise for my step son and he had to re home his lurcher . I think things got out of hand as he was too ill to walk the dog and the result was fairly predictable. It's a subject I have to avoid as he was really upset parting with him .
He did look almost identical to your girl. xx

twiggy2

Visit site
Oh she is so pretty Twiggy:)
Things sadly changed a lot health wise for my step son and he had to re home his lurcher . I think things got out of hand as he was too ill to walk the dog and the result was fairly predictable. It's a subject I have to avoid as he was really upset parting with him .
He did look almost identical to your girl. xx
Sorry to hear that it must be really rough ti go through something like that