Medium Trort

sally678

Visit site
Hi, HELP please with medium trot all the wy across the diagonal! My dressage sheets come back with no real difference shown - when I think I did quite well - or running!
confused.gif
What am I doing wrong?? Any tips or just keep bashing away at it??

kick_On

Visit site
the way i've been taught is, just before you are to do your medium trot, bump up trot and contain, then slowly release pressure across diagional and so long as hock are engaged before you release pressure gg will show pace (don't drop reins but move hands forward thus releasing pressure slowly).
I was told to remember it this way shake champagne bottle (bumping up trot) and then uncork slowly (this is when you should show meduim trot)
And of course practise

Governor

Visit site
I've just started it with Governor at home so i'll be interested to see the replies.

We've been doing plenty of transitions before hand to get him back on his hocks and I ask him to collect the trot *but not collected trot - basically just shorten his frame while maintaining impulsion* on a corner with plenty of half halts before turning him across the long diagonal and asking for a couple of strides. It seems to be going pretty well this way as he doesn't get a chance to rush before I ask him to come back to me.