Meet Monty

Lexi_

Visit site

I decided earlier this year that a 10 year break from horses was just too long. After getting some v. helpful replies to my rather wibbly thread in New Owners/Riders about riding after a long break, I started lessons again (we won’t mention the terrible one at the terrible yard which nearly put me off before I'd even started :D ).

Fast forward a month or two and after some more helpful chats with people on here (and a couple of nice kick-up-the-bum PMs), I jumped in at the deep end and answered an ad for a share horse.

So, this handsome chap is Monty:

Monty+field+2.jpg

Monty+face.jpg

He’s a 6 year old 16hh Sec D/Cleveland Bay cross and is an absolute dude. Obviously it’s early days still but I’m absolutely loving it so far and I figure that if the cold, dark and rain haven’t put me off yet, the summer will be a doddle!

I don’t think owning my own horse will ever be an option unless finances and my location change dramatically (honestly, I'm so jealous of those of you who live 2 mins from a yard – there are none within 15 miles of me!) but 2-3 days a week suits me really nicely and we’re having lots of fun.

His owner is a superstar and although she’s knackered her back at the moment and can’t ride, she has a sharer for her other pony so I'll have a hacking buddy if we can ever match up schedules :)

Me+&+Monty.jpg

Monty+kiss.jpg

I have no idea why I left it so long to get back into the horsey world but thank you to everyone on here for encouraging me back into it :)

Tess Love

Visit site
Lexi he's gorgeous so pleased you decided to take the plunge! It's such a great feeling, my break was even longer but the time span seemed to melt away. Still pinch myself when I'm with Tess and how much fun we have together :D xx