Meet my new pony...

_jetset_

Visit site
My friend has just emailed me these photograph she took when we went to see Grace on Friday... There is so much potential just waiting to be opened! I know she is a little chubby and lacking muscle, but I thought I would put these on anyway!

She comes in October for a 12 month loan.

I hope you like her!

ViewingGrace2.jpg

ViewingGrace.jpg

S_N

Visit site
Very pretty - was she doped
tongue.gif
she looks very sleepy! Will you be getting her vetted? It's wise, even for a loan period!! Also, what on earth is that on her back - other than you of course
grin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
She was shattered... probably the most work she has done in a long time! She lives out too and it was pretty warm when we got her out. I don't think I am going to have her vetted because I can give her back whenever I want if not happy as the owner has her own yard and only Grace's Mum, brother and a pony on there!

The first picture looks more like her than the second one... that was right at the end.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
She looks lovely.........full of potential.

However, not wanting to be a killjoy, but the only reservation I would have in taking her on for such a short time is that you will be putting in so much work and at the time that you might be able to get something out in terms of competing her, it will be time to give her back.
The owner is getting her horse restarted and ridden away very cheaply!
wink.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
She is still for sale... and after my 12 months, whatever value I have put on her, we split. But if I wanted to buy her (which could happen depending on my circumstances to be honest) then she would still be the price I took her on at! I know why you are saying this, as I thought it through carefully, but I would also get a lot out of having her too, which is more than enough for me! I would get the chance to school and ride again which I am so excited about! That is all I wanted to do... and bringing on a youngster is only adding to my knowledge too.

nicknack

Visit site
I think you're being very pragmatic. Often owners only want to loan for a 12 month period for a variety of reasons. It sounds like you're going to get lots of fun improving her so I'd call it a win-win situation.

After then you have the option of starting again with a new horse which can be fun.

Enjoy!

S_N

Visit site
Excellent!! I thought that you had probably thought it through, but I do worry about loaners and loanees. I take it that this is all in a contract? Sorry - I'll shut up now..... *Grabs coat*

_jetset_

Visit site
No Isobel... this is my first loan so I want people to point things out for me! Otherwise I could be heading for a down fall!

Yes, all this is in the loan agreement which I have copied from a friend who had it drawn up by a solicitor (quite like the BHS one). She is not coming with any tack as the owner just uses the same tack for Grace and her other horse (Grace's brother) so I am using my old saddle and have bought a bridle which will then be used on foalie when it is old enough (thought might as well buy a nice one rather than a cheap one and have to buy another one in a few years time... that's what I am trying to tell myself anyway!)

Is there any other advice you have?

S_N

Visit site
I like you reasoning for buying a GOOD bridle - very sound IMO
wink.gif

I mentioned a vetting earlier - this is often a good idea, even 2 Stage, as it gives both parites something to fall back on. For reasons like simple ID - I know that sounds ridiculous, but I know someone who took a pony on loan for 4 months with a view to buy. Thankfully she had it vetted before it left the owners yard. The owner came to see pony to say goodbye, as after 3 months she'd decided to buy and the owner accused her of swapping the pony for some other pony as this one was definitely NOT hers. It was, it just had a summer coat, was shiney and had put on about 100lbs!!! Also a vetting would note down any lumps, bumps, knocks, scars etc...... and also the general health of the animal, state of feet, teeth, eyes.........

_jetset_

Visit site
In the loan agreement it says the horse is given as described on her passport... and the number is placed on it etc. I will think of having her vetted, but I have a great get out clause, in that she can go back if there is ever a problem as the lady owns her own yard. She is a genuine person, I am pretty sure of that, and she still has Grace's Mum there who she rescued (lovely TB mare) from the meat men!

I am going to phone my insurance provider and ask them for some advice too. I know that some people have said if the owner wants LOU she should pay for it, but to be honest I think I would rather get it anyway because it is just one more thing to help me should anything go wrong. I would expect somone to insure Han for LOU if they had her on loan I think...

I like my reasoning too... same one has been used for new grooming kit, bandages etc etc!