Meet the new eventer!

tigers_eye

Visit site
I have a challenge in a shape and form I'm not at all used to, he's a PBA stallion standing 14.3 on tip toes! He's 9, done some bits of jumping, but has come here to event :D. I've ridden him 3 times now, there's work to be done, but he does seem to be very clever and has massive lust for life. First outing pencilled in for two weeks time!

DSCF9851.jpg

ecrozier

Visit site
Ooh what fun!! Love your description - clever with a massive lust for life, that sums my Arab up 100%! he has evented albeit only to 90cm, dressages to elementary, sj to 1m and has also done trec and endurance, so will turn his hoof to anything with great enthusiasm! And mine is barely 14.2!
Will look forward to reports and more pics!

tigers_eye

Visit site
He is a very pretty chap! I think his forelock looks like that because of sun-bleaching! I think I might have some long and protracted discussions with his owner about what I'm allowed to do with The Mane ;).

louisem

Visit site
He is a very pretty chap! I think his forelock looks like that because of sun-bleaching! I think I might have some long and protracted discussions with his owner about what I'm allowed to do with The Mane ;).

Good for hanging onto?
Had an approved Arab Stallion to showjump about 18 years ago (was very well bred,Jamar lines) and we did the young horse cycle 4 and 5 yos,he was also only about 14.3,but blimey,he could jump!
*Never won 'The Mane' discussion,though*

ecrozier

Visit site
Hmm well mine has a full mane - BUT he is pure bred. And I always plait along his crest for SJ and dressage. But on a PBA personally I would pull mane and plait. Although I would keep that forelock, looks great b

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well ecrosier you have just proved how ignorant I am about arabs, because I assumed PBA stood for Pure Bred Arab :rolleyes:, oops! He is a purebred..... His mane might just have an accident, you never know. Louisem I think you need to try and dig out some photographic evidence of this...

TarrSteps

Visit site
BUCKBUCK!

Sorry, couldn't help it. ;)

Re the mane. Obviously worth a conversation but I used to ride two for a breeder and the manes had to stay as is because their main market expected to see them that way. Fair enough! There was also the problem if they ever wanted to show in hand or at stallion shows again, they needed to look a certain way.

I really like Arabs, they are smart, athletic little

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I was going to ask what the other part was cos he looked awfully arab to me! :D lol

louisem.. we have looong memories ;)

Saucisson

Visit site
Are you going to enter Diepenbeek Saucisson, closing date is tomorrow? They have a 60cm class and the sj and xc are run together, so thinking more derby than anything else?

I've got no transport :(

Think we need to do a bit more jumping practice too, wally-boy is currently getting very excited about it and rushing (understatement :eek:)

dieseldog

Visit site
You know what?
I have some proper 'ye olde VHS cassette' evidence of this.
How the pickles I'm supposed to get THAT on here I don't know......

Easiest way to do it is play it on your TV ( as long as you still have a VCR somewhere) and record it with your digital camera.

dieseldog

Visit site
He looks lovely, very elegant. I find long manes tend to get stuck in the reins and you either find yourself holding ripped out handfuls of mane or you can't stop as you pull the reins and the mane gets in the way.