Menage surface?

Twiglet

Visit site
Can anyone offer a rough estimate on how much it might cost to cover a 20 x 40m sand menage with a rubber topping?

I know there might be associated work involved, but the menage is already surfaced with silica sand, and would literally be looking at a topping of rubber.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Hi

We've just done this exact same thing... well about three months ago. We used Jacksons Arenas in Devon and including delivery (baring in mind we're in Lancashire) we paid around £1800 for 22 tonnes of rubber - ample to cover our 40x20 school. I'd highly recommend Jacksons - they were very friendly and helpful and organised the delilvery very quickly.

They don't spread it for you though so you'll need to find someone with a tractor or mini digger - don't recommend trying to do it by hand... it'll take forever!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
A 40m x 20m menage with a sand base would need a 2" top dressing of shredded rubber. This would be 20 tons and would cost around £1750.00. I was looking into this last week.

miller

Visit site
You can buy rubber for £65 per tonne (advertised in H+H and nice stuff when we looked at it) so at rate above would be £1430 then you would need it spreading