Mended Rug - Only Took 4 Hours!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Jacob had his £200 Premier Equine rug for TWO DAYS and he came in with it ripped to shreds - all of my other rugs are Masta, Weatherbeeta, Ruggles - but no, he rips the expensive one (for me anyway) ??‍♀️ He’d taken a chunk out, lost the fluff and ripped the tail flap off. Whether he rolled and trod on it, or another horse hung off of it (more likely) I don’t know.

I thought as it’s lockdown and I don’t have much else to do, I’ll develop some seamstress skills having never sown before! A piece of Nylon material, some leather thread and 4 hours of swearing later and I’m quite pleased with myself! Just got to reattach the tail flap.. if he breaks it again I’ll cry. ?

6540A5C0-23B2-439A-A076-ACAD7DFA5AA5.jpegDD1BEF5A-D41D-440E-A0FD-EA846FD492A2.jpeg1EEA23A2-4915-430D-B5B4-9EF696A2393C.jpeg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Impressed. How sore are your fingers?

Last edited:

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
In the 'good' old days we had the canvas rugs on our ponies. All the back fencing was barbed wire. We used to spend all winter mending one or other of the rugs. We had permanently sore fingers. The little welsh who was fully clipped managed to get under the wire and tore the rug in half, totally beyond repair. He had to grow his coat pretty fast as we hadn't got another tiny rug.

You've done a grand job on that, I hope he appreciates it.