Merrist Wood have put up schedule estimation for Regionals...

miss_c

Visit site
I don't envy some competitors, with classes beginning at 6.15.... AM!!!! The earliest mine will start is 7.30am and I've got a gut feeling I'll be first in so at least it could be worse! The schedule is on their FB page if people are wondering how early they may have to get up...

x

miss_c

Visit site
Oh my good god. 6.15!!!! Poor soul who draws the short straw there (and the judge needs a medal too!)

The 3 judges!!!

I know... 7.30 will be bad enough... but 6.15am?! With arena walk at 5.45am?!

I feel sorry for the venue as well really.. they've obviously been inundated with entries and that's great, but with only one arena they are having to do such long hours to fit everything in. The team there are going to be EXHAUSTED!

SoldierBlue

Visit site
I am sure the Merrist Wood team will do a fantastic job! It was such a friendly atmosphere last year so looking forward to going back! Sadly I suspect I will draw the short straw with the 6.15am start as I am stabling there for the duration of the show. Oh well, last year I worked the arena walk into my warm up as I was first one in!! Just hoping they are kind and don't put me first in for both my classes!!! See you there Miss C, I notice Gloucestershire is being well represented there this year :)

miss_c

Visit site
Goodness please don't anyone think I am having a dig at the venue, far from it! I've not been there before and am looking forward to it, it looks a lovely venue. I'll be there on Tues-Weds SoldierBlue. :)

SoldierBlue

Visit site
Hehe, I thought times are balloted but I have a nasty habit of going first!! Will have to wait and see! Look out for us Miss C, we'll be there Saturday to Wednesday :)

star

Visit site
My class doesn't finish until nearly 11pm on Sunday night. I'm not sure my yard owner is going to be impressed at me returning to the yard at midnight and I have to go to work the next day. It's crazy. No way I'm going to be doing the arena walk at 5.45am either. Just have to hope horse doesn't have a freak out. Not Merrist woods fault. They should have been given more days to schedule it over as was really popular last year and more so this year. Last year was organised by Duncan who has left now. Fingers crossed the new team live up to the high standards Duncan set.

miss_c

Visit site
My class doesn't finish until nearly 11pm on Sunday night. I'm not sure my yard owner is going to be impressed at me returning to the yard at midnight and I have to go to work the next day. It's crazy. No way I'm going to be doing the arena walk at 5.45am either. Just have to hope horse doesn't have a freak out. Not Merrist woods fault. They should have been given more days to schedule it over as was really popular last year and more so this year. Last year was organised by Duncan who has left now. Fingers crossed the new team live up to the high standards Duncan set.

Ouch.... It's a shame they're not doing an arena walk in the lunchbreak as well, but even then it would still be absolutely hours before your class. I agree that they need more days to run it over, they're a bit damned if they do and damned if they don't aren't they - people who have booked days off work etc have been moved to different days due to class splits so are having a nightmare, but nothing MW can do about it. Still, let's all go, have a great time, and all qualify for the winter champs so we can have a HHO party at Hartpury! ;) (In my dreams........)