Messed around by seller

Hack4fun

Visit site
I have been really messed around by a private seller on Facebook. Tragic situation - she was being forced to sell her pride and joy through disability. To keep a very long story short, we have a very positive and extensive initial communication, then as I set off to see the horse was told not to come. So I tried again and had another successful positive conversation and, to quote, "deffo" see the horse, was told rudely and bizarrely the next day not to come in an accusatory fashion and have been totally cold shouldered. I have never ever been treated like this in any walk of life.

Are there lots of sellers out there who behave in such a strange way? It has really put me off.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Sounds very strange! Maybe the seller has a mental health condition that she's struggling with? Seems like she is acting very oddly, but you never know what's going on in people's lives I guess.

I've met a few very strange sellers over the past few weeks. One woman was desperate to sell after all sorts of personal issues, had a great viewing and then she never got back to me at all. One seller I met was clearly overhorsed and struggling financially, seemed desperate to get rid of her green, naughty lame young horse and proceeded to message me constantly a few hours after my viewing as well as post to my Facebook wall. She wouldn't take no for an answer and by the end she was trying to push her horse on me for free.

There are some very odd people out there, I think you just have to know when to walk away from a seller who is a bit dodgy, no matter to good the horse is.

luckyoldme

Visit site
not the same but similar.
i fell out with my mare and as a knee jerk advertised her. i was inundated with enquiries and had two buyers whoe seemed genuinely interested. One lady was really ticking all the boxes . The further we went into conversation the more she liked the horse..but just before viewing she found something else. As it got closer the viewing i started to realise i didnt want the mare to go but decided that i would not muck the lady around, it was a real relief when she said she had found something else.the potetial buyer did come back and said her other horse had fell through and asked if mine was still for sale..i had to tell her no . I think some of us are a bit unrational but the lady you dealt with should have shown you the courtesy of being honest...she may have evan read something wrongly when you were in talks.
incidently though your post made me think..i meet people like that through work or in life in general on a frequent basis, i just trot on!