Messy horse - HELP Please!!!!!

Kate_13

Visit site
Hi and Merry Christmas

My boy is exceptionally messy in his stable, I have him on shavings and the whole stable is rubber matted. I have tried a thick bed, small bed, A small bit of shavings, megazorb and his stable still looks like he has been partying all night in it in the morning!

Straw is a possibility, but still wasteful and I think he will walk it in as much as he does shavings.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is there any other bedding that might help??

Thanks

Jay89

Visit site
maybe try what the above. If not try straw as this is not as exspensive as shavings! My horse is exactly the same he is now on a big bed of straw as its cheaper and he dont seem to make such a mess.

Merry Xmas!!

EMZ

Visit site
no!! dont do straw it sucks upo nothin my relatively clean horse turned into a slime ball when on straw and rubber matting. I just put enough down for each nite then sweepo the whole lot out.

spooks

Visit site
my lad must be up there with the dirtiest horse in the country to! he was on a shavings/rubber matting bed for all of a week .switched him to straw and lay it in approx quarter of the stable.. theres enough so that he can lay on it if he wants to.the stable is a shambles every morning and most of it just gets swept up..he has a tyre feeder and even poos in that,the dirty sod, takes all of 5 mins to do his stable and i just leave it to dry out and lay the bed again in the evening

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Yup I have one of those. I try to keep the bedding to a minimum as she goes through the same amount with a big or small bed, the only difference being it takes me longer to muck out when she has a big bed! I have even tried reducing her feed (she is a fatty) but that didnt work!

calon

Visit site
my mare is a so dirty too and tried everything but she is best with a good amount of shavings on the mats then good amount of straw on top ot has worked best for me with her .

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
Rubber matting......why oh why do people insist on shoving in bales and bales of shavings??? I must admit to battling with this for months with my own very messy one!!! Now for both of the biggies, we have rubber matting and do it the way rubber matting was designed, with sprinkle of shavings and clear it all out each day, much fresher, you can wash it out if necessary a few times a week.

We now use a bale of shavings every other week PER HORSE!!

They lie down, they pee they are happy and seem to lie down before pooing in the morning as no rugs are dirty either!!

Save your money and time and use rubber matting the way it was intended!!