Methylprednisolone, can I still jump BS?

northface2012

Visit site
Yesterday my super little mare got diagnosed with kissing spines which understandably I'm gutted about!

It's fairly mild at the moment and she got injected with steroids, methylprednisolone to be exact.

We compete BS, and obviously this was the whole point in getting her injected so she could jump again however somebody said that I can't jump her if she has been administered this drug?

Can't find much information on the Bs website so any advice would be greatly recieved.

anna22

Visit site
I can't remember the timescales exactly, but its on the 'prohibited drugs list' i'm sure. My boy had his hocks done and I think you have to wait 6 weeks before competing… don't quote me. But it's all calculated on the amount of time the drug will be present on a blood test for. I will go in search of the info!

Pigeon

Visit site
I know that BE have rules about de-nerving, but I think that is physical de-nerving, I don't know if steroids count? I know first hand that medicating hocks in show jumpers with cortisone is fairly commonplace, so I assume it's allowed, but you never know!! I would be tempted to ask for a written confirmation either way from someone at BS.