Mice!!

Oscar

Visit site
Hi, does anyone have any solutions to keeping mice away? I'm on livery, there are baits things about but no cats and no one would empty traps. Are there any products that put mice off coming into the feed/tack room? They keep chewing my sheepskin numnahs and over reach boots? I've put them in cupboards but they get in there too!!

Blasted, smelly things, the stench is really peeing me off and droppings everywhere.

thewonderhorse

Visit site
The only thing you can do is make sure there's no spilled food about. Feed kept in metal bins and lid firmly on. Everywhere swept up and no tack left in feed room.

Put down poison or get a company to come in and do it for you. Just be careful of visiting dogs and make sure that the poison is well out of their reach.

I had mice when I first moved to my property but now have four cats, two of which are manic hunters and I have not seen any signs of mice for a couple of years.

Lynsey&Smartie

Visit site
I have one of those plug in devices which are supposed to deter them but I'm not sure if it works as I do still see them occasionally. I don't really mind them in the tack room, in fact there is a jet black one who I see occasionally and always tell my JRTs not to kill as he is so cute! I have recently had an infestation in my car though (I think from some rubbish bags being taken to the tip with mice hiding in) and I caught those over a number of nights in a humane trap with a mini dime bar as bait (they love chocolate) I just then set them free in the field so the humane traps do work>

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi, does anyone have any solutions to keeping mice away? I'm on livery, there are baits things about but no cats and no one would empty traps. Are there any products that put mice off coming into the feed/tack room? They keep chewing my sheepskin numnahs and over reach boots? I've put them in cupboards but they get in there too!!

Blasted, smelly things, the stench is really peeing me off and droppings everywhere.
We use old chest freezers for rugs etc, every livery has one to store loads of stuff, they are also brilliant for storing feed totally vermin proof