Micklem Bridle

pairciban

Visit site
I got one for my horse who has very fleshy cheeks so a normal noseband squishes his cheeks into his teeth. I had him in a grackle, best he went in but still not happy. So I got him one of the comp bridles and HE LOVES IT and so do I :) you don't do them up tightly. I get so many comments about how nice it looks etc.

Hippona

Visit site
I have the multi one, but i don't use the bitless options. Pony has always been really fussy with his tongue and he's finally happy with this bridle, the bit clips seem to hold the bit in a nice position for him. Its nice quality and looks smart too :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
A very useful thing I use mine everyday and always for lunging .
It's great when you want a quick lunge before getting on a young one.
My horse has had a tooth removed and has a swelling on his jaw the noseband on a conventional bridle is an issue for him so he uses a micklem all the time.
I also thought I would use the bitless option for hunters with sore mouths and things like this but I have not so cant comment on that side
We always use it for the lead horse when riding and leading as the bit is very stable.

kezimac

Visit site
I have a comp one - it's nice leather - didn't work wonders for mine so back in elevator with drop and micklem in cupboard but they are good and can really help with horses fussy in mouth/head

TequilaMist

Visit site
Thanks for replies.
My mare goes really well in myler combination bit(long shank) but awful in any dressage legal bits. Have tried myler bit on own.Was better in KK hanging and was ok in neu schule loose ring but limited brakes.Tried her in myler combination and different horse no leaning,got brakes can actually get her to listen.
Was wondering if this might help as flash doesn't help.Someone suggested a crank but tbh unsure if that will help.Saw a friends friend with Micklem on and she really rated it.

chestnutmarelover

Visit site
I think they are fab :D TB has one I use 2nd bitless option on & my mare has one with bit, she used to hate a grackle being done up so is now happy. There are certain bits you can't use with them though because of the design.