Micklem

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I have a micklem for pony. A while ago he managed to break the strap that is like a drop noseband strap. I cut it off and he goes fine without it
I may be taking him to local unaffiliated dressage. Will he get away with the noseband not being fastened under the chin or to I need to sort him a different bridle?received_297740262031974~3.jpeg

Last edited:

Gloi

Visit site
I suppose that would be cheaper than a new bridle, I could get a attachment to fasten a flash strap on. Seems silly you have to have a noseband as it irritates him having his mouth tied closed.

cauda equina

Visit site
From what I understood they just threaded the flash through the D rings the noseband attaches to, and did it up so it's doubled on itself round the back of the chin

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
From what I understood they just threaded the flash through the D rings the noseband attaches to, and did it up so it's doubled on itself round the back of the chin

That was me :)

Absence of a D ring is a nuisance but provided you can find a long enough flash or join 2 together, it should still work if wrapped around the corners of the nose piece.

Gloi

Visit site
I'm digging in my bag of oddments to put together a Cavesson bridle I can use for going places. Resisting spending money so far.

Gloi

Visit site
Bad plan. Found a headpiece but everything else would drown him which was why I bought the little micklem in the first place. However found some rubber reins one pair were ok but the black ones have disintegrated into a mess of black like Stockholm tar which have coated everything with a mess of goo. Yak. Don't know what happened there but I've got a lot of cleaning up to do and I have no swarfega.
IMG_20211105_170149_1.jpg

Reacher

Visit site
I'm digging in my bag of oddments to put together a Cavesson bridle I can use for going places. Resisting spending money so far.
What bridle pieces do you need and what size? Bet lots of people have spare parts doing nothing

Gloi

Visit site
What bridle pieces do you need and what size? Bet lots of people have spare parts doing nothing
Aw thank you. However I've been looking around the internet and it's my birthday at the end of the month so I can feel some hinting will be coming. I think I'll get a whole bridle for shows so all the bits match ?
All my stuff is cob or full size and current lad only has a pony sized head, which is odd because he's a hand taller than my last pony who took cob. ??