Microchips

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
Hi, i Bought my horse in July, who is microchipped

I ovbiuosly have the microchip number but if anything was to happen to him, and he was scanned for a microchip, it would be his old owners contact details that would come up. And is almost imposible to get in contact with.

Could anybody please give me some advise about how i go about changing details or infact finding the company that he is microchipped with as old owner couldnt remember.

*I know im naughty for leaving it soo long*
shocked.gif

thanks
charlotte

Halfpass

Visit site
when you got him you should have had some microchip paperwork. The paperwork needs to be signed by the olf owner then by you with your details. You then pay £10 (I think) to log change of ownership.

Happytohack

Visit site
The chances are his microchip is registered with PetLog as they are the largest registry of animal microchips in the UK. If you get in touch with them (google search them) and tell them the chip number, they will let you know if your horse is registered with them. If so, let them know that the previous owners do not have the paperwork, Petlog will send you a form to complete. You have to give them the previous owners details, your details and a fee (approx £15.00 I think) and they will change your horse's details on their database. Same thing happened to me and I didn't have a problem!