Mid july weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
it's a hot one, on the forecast... what has everyone got planned?

Not a lot here, carrying on with our homework and pottering about, no doubt there will be some hay-related tractoring as OH has got many acres of grass on the floor and some more to mow. I don't mind that much but it always takes me a while to remember what all the knobs and levers do :p

Have fun all :)

Pic of smiley Kira this morning, she was feeling very clever as we dusted off the 1 tempis today.

217932655_4509453232399485_2229353368159674921_n.jpg

Kizzy2004

Visit site
Great jump lesson this morning with the youngster who managed to jump a whole course in a controlled canter without doing his Speedy Gonzales impression and firing himself round. He’s still partial to taking a long one but I can live with that for now if he’s not going to run away from me after.

Weekend will mostly be taken up with hay making

Attachments

• 5908EF29-ED5B-4B31-AC8A-869C57720EAD.jpeg
    5908EF29-ED5B-4B31-AC8A-869C57720EAD.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 5C6BDACA-DF15-457D-9C50-5DE6EA33475D.jpeg
    5C6BDACA-DF15-457D-9C50-5DE6EA33475D.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 8

TheMule

Visit site
Xc schooling the baby horse tomorrow, looking forwards to it except the heatwave- hoping that might help to entice him into the water jump!
I will hack the mule early doors Sat and Sun to avoid the heat.
I also have hay on the floor so that will add a bit of fun to the weekend. My new broodmare is coming home today from stud which will probably upset the herd so I expect a bit of peace keeping will feature too.

Asha

Visit site
You cant beat a bot of tractoring MP:D Im a little bit smug on that front as all mine was done at the end of June. A tidy 82 x 4 ft bales. Should keep us going.

TM - ooh new broodmare, SJ bred ? what have you due for next year ?

Im off to somerford saturday morning for the farm ride, hopefully before it gets too hot. Then Tuesday im attempting the SHB(GB) mare and foal grading. Which just happens to be a few miles down the road. So could be the ideal first outing. Please not all the coulds/shoulds etc As it all depends if we can get foal onto the van. I plan to do a bit of practising over the weekend. so fingers crossed

Sheep

Visit site
Oooooooh I am going eventing again!! I have even sacked off a dressage comp to go… the dark side is calling…

Aiming to improve on last weeks cricket score ? we were doing OK until we had a couple of silly issues xc. We went to a very local xc schooling pen 10 mins up the road on Tuesday PM to have a quick, chilled pop around the tricky bits (water & steps) which went really well so feeling good and looking forward to it. It was also good for me to get a bit more mileage in helping him out where he needs it. He is becoming so much more mature and is a different horse to jump this year than he was even a few months ago. I flippin love him!

Weather to be rather warm so going to take it easy. The venue have been working hard all week to look after the ground, aerovating and watering and continuing to do so.

Horse will have a chilled couple of weeks after, he has done quite a lot lately.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Gutted to have not been out this week with Bob, but keeping fingers crossed for a straight forward recovery!
Means I've had a very quiet week off! But ramping things up tomorrow as out for lunch with my Aunt and Cousin, then drinks with my best friend, and Saturday drinks and then a meal out with my Aunt and Uncle as sister and I are celebrating a big birthday!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
fingers crossed for an easy trip Asha :)

OH says there's plenty of grass which is music to my ears because we are totally out at the moment and buying in from outside which is unheard of :eek:

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm at Kingswood tomorrow for the Medium AF. I'm on first, so I will have to get up early ? Big lad has been ridden by my instructor for a couple of days to make him nice and sharp. He showed off just how sharp he can be when I rode earlier ? I think I terrified the other people in the arena when I went hurtling towards them, bouncing like tigger on speed. He's such a clown ?

Saturday I am not riding (shock horror) because I am a bridesmaid for my friend.
Probably not a bad thing to have a rest day, because this morning I had a steroid injection into my shoulder, which I wasn't expecting/hadn't planned for!!

Sunday I will be travelling back from the wedding, and then lessoning in the afternoon.

happy weekend everyone!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
B Fuzzy had chiro vet for routine visit yesterday, he was v pleased that he had far less to work on. B showed how cheerful she was about it by doing her best circus pony/stag impressions this morning when I turned her straight back out after breakfast for the recommended day off ?

Light hack tomorrow, early hack Saturday and perhaps a mini schooling session after in the field.
Sunday am allegedly off to an RC show, just one show class...... I say allegedly as I don't operate well when hot, its supposed to be 29 on Sunday! ??

Good luck to those competing and have fun whatever you are doing.

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm going to a local show to do a bit of Working Hunter, Buzz is fat now so they have no excuse not to place him :D
I'm only going to support a friend with her first show (she's doing ridden cob) so thought I may as well pop round whilst i'm there!

Enjoy the sun everyone :D

Alibear

Visit site
I keep reading about a heatwave and am wondering where everyone is. Over here in East Anglia, if it's not raining then there's a pretty strong breeze making it feel blooming chilly. I need some nice hot calm days to make the horses feel likewise! Please...
Hoping to get out for a short hack on Saturday afternoon.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I keep reading about a heatwave and am wondering where everyone is. Over here in East Anglia, if it's not raining then there's a pretty strong breeze making it feel blooming chilly. I need some nice hot calm days to make the horses feel likewise! Please...
Hoping to get out for a short hack on Saturday afternoon.

weather predicts me a 28 on sunday, but 21 for the friend going on her hols to a norfolk beach ?. I'd rather have the 21 in cambs.

TheMule

Visit site
TM - ooh new broodmare, SJ bred ? what have you due for next year ?

Im off to somerford saturday morning for the farm ride, hopefully before it gets too hot. Then Tuesday im attempting the SHB(GB) mare and foal grading. Which just happens to be a few miles down the road. So could be the ideal first outing. Please not all the coulds/shoulds etc As it all depends if we can get foal onto the van. I plan to do a bit of practising over the weekend. so fingers crossed

She was acquired in a bit of a mad moment but she is related to my old gelding (Marcolas G x Abergwiffy) and I've put her to a stallion by my all-time favourite, Fleetwater Opposition. Everything that could go wrong has done so I'm not holding out huge hope but ?we get a blob on the scan.

Good luck taking your baby out- it's hugely nerve wracking but well worth doing

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
After a fantastic show last weekend we are staying home this weekend. We have just cut our hay so need to be around . Glad we aren't going anywhere as it looks like its going to be hot!!

Have fun with your horses everyone x

Roxylola

Visit site
Charlie has been at a midweek camp Tuesday to Thursday so we've not got tons on at weekend. Saturday I'm waiting for a new washer to be delivered, Sunday I'd like to go out and do a bit of jump training on grass somewhere but as yet unplanned
Poor tired Charlie getting ready for his last lesson today
Screenshot_20210715-190415_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210715-190411_Gallery.jpg

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Friday & Saturday we're hacking. It'll be a short-ish one on Friday before or after work (depending how early I get up ?) but hoping to be out for a decent length on Saturday.

I'm supposed to be having a flatwork lesson with a new-old instructor on Sunday but we're currently discussing postponing due to the heat ... so we shall see!

smiggy

Visit site
Lots of cooking and al fresco eating as family staying for the weekend.
baby pony has her first dressage on Sunday, only 26 in the intro class ? . We didn’t die after her first indoor school experience at a pole work clinic last week so hopefully will both survive . Nice early time so before it gets hot and will be home before every one gets up.don’t mind an early time as baby pony is brown so no last minute pimping required !

Northern

Visit site
A wee hello from the land of Oz.
It's 8 degrees top and constant rain here, spare a thought please ;)
Therefore I have two options, hide inside or get wet and muddy to prep for a competition I have entered in 2 weeks. Pending the covid situation of course :rolleyes:
Thinking I'll need to invest in some waterproof everything!
Have a good and warm weekend all you Northerners.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
it's a hot one, on the forecast... what has everyone got planned?

Not a lot here, carrying on with our homework and pottering about, no doubt there will be some hay-related tractoring as OH has got many acres of grass on the floor and some more to mow. I don't mind that much but it always takes me a while to remember what all the knobs and levers do :p

Have fun all :)

Pic of smiley Kira this morning, she was feeling very clever as we dusted off the 1 tempis today.

217932655_4509453232399485_2229353368159674921_n.jpg

She is an absolute posing pro! :)

No riding for me this weekend - my birthday week, which might be turning into a bit of a birthday month tbh, continues with some surprise something OH has planned. He's ruled out that it's going to collect a horse, boo hiss! :D

Hope everyone has a fabulous fun weekend whatever they're up to, and don't get too hot if the sun is out for you.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Happy birthday to all the birthday people!!
1f942.png
1f382.png

Maddie and I had a very hot and humid, but fab session with Tom Graham today. I am pleased to say that after my confidence wobble on Tuesday, everything felt much more together today. We worked on leg yield incorporating trot-walk-trot transitions to keep her thinking, shoulder in with some changes of flexion remembering to keep her hind leg stepping under, and lastly some leg yield in from the track in canter followed by 10m circles. In the right canter work especially, I have to remember to keep my position to the right, otherwise she will offer me a lovely flying change when I ask for the leg yield. Treadmill tomorrow, then I decided to opt for arena hire on Saturday as our neighbour is aiming to cut all our mutual boundary hedges over the weekend which doesn't bode well for a peaceful schooling session at home. Dressage on Sunday for the first time on our own - not sure how that's going to go, especially with no one to hold my water bottle in the heat, but fingers crossed we get there and back in one piece.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, whatever you are up to. x

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Well, had plans to do a trail course as something different and cool (even chose this over a competition)...but it was canceled. Again. The first time the person had some personal circumstances, and this time people (including them) are flooded out. We've had terrible flooding here. At least 45 dead and more missing. Villages destroyed. Just so much water. It's unreal. Just looking down in the valley and seeing a village under water.

There has been a nice outreach within the communities though offering accommodations for both humans and animals. That's the only positive thing here, seeing people really coming together and offering support.

So, I'm actually having a shite time mentally, but others have it worse ...and it's pouring, again! Should let up this weekend. I really hope it does. Horses haven't been on the fields in a week and won't be for awhile now, ruins their summer and what little turnout they get. Stables are ruined, schools (indoors) are just destroyed, it's so sad. It'll take a while to come back from this. So I'll be helping where I can, and where horse is, it is manageable so I'll exercise him in whatever way possible.

I really envy some of you positive people on this thread ? that's just not me. Sorry for the bummer post, but it's life. Still wondering how on earth this is a relaxing or even enjoyable hobby ?

Hopefully you all have a good weekend!