Mid June Weekend Thread

Ambers Echo

Visit site
No thread yet?

I have a very exciting weekend planned so I'll start one.

Tomorrow I am viewing a potential loan horse :):):)

A 15hh 8yo Welsh Section D mare. Described as 'typical Welsh', sensitive and opinionated. So I have been reading the Welshie thread with increasing anxiety :oops: But my RI knows the horse and says I'll be fine. And is going to give me a lesson with the owner watching (gulp) as part of the viewing. Eeeeeek. The loan would be till end of September and I am free to take her out and about, compete etc. Full loan on my yard.

Saturday I am dressage stewarding at the Eland ODE. So if anyone wants to come and say hi, let me know your numbers and I'll look out for you!

Then Sunday it is Berriewood BE90 for Katie. It is meant to be 26 degrees. Yikes. So lots planned. And a possible new horse on the way.....if I can ride her!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Nothing too exciting.

Nothing at all ?

Eyeing some comps in the future. There are way more jumping than dressage ones in my area at the moment and dressage comps are filling up within minutes of opening. They usually say 18:00 on Monday you can sign up. Full by 18:01 ?‍♀️ more should be popping up though now that things are a bit more relaxed with Corona.

Might do some schooling, might hack tomorrow. Had a lesson yesterday and horse is enjoying a day off in the field today.

Good luck to those competing! Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Boggle is going showjumping with my friend/sharer.

I am going to enjoy not feeling nervous ?

Ah this reminds me...it was sort of relaxing without competitions for so long. Now that we can get back to it memorizing tests, getting my outfit together, braiding and spiffing up the horse just seems like a bit much. ? maybe some nerves will creep up, maybe not. I'm hoping not!

J_sarahd

Visit site
On Saturday, I am walking the cross country at Eland (hopefully with my instructor) for Sunday. Then we have a yard show in the afternoon where we doing a bit of a handy pony thing as there are semi-retired ponies on the yard and this way they can get involved too. Not sure how it will go as my boy is nervous of things like flags etc but it’ll be good fun.

Sunday we are off to Eland for their clear round cross country. I’m hopefully going to try and do 70cm fences and some of the nicer 80cm but we will see.

j1ffy

Visit site
Sounds like there are some great plans! The weather forecast looks amazing.
AE - good luck with the potential loan!!

I'll be crossing my fingers that Danny is sound by Saturday so I can compete on Sunday evening. He looked find yesterday so I took the risk of turning him out with his poultice on - that did not go well. He got the poultice off and was hobbling this morning, d'oh. Poultice is back on and he's staying in for now! I'd say we're 50/50 on Sunday.

Other than that, hacking Chilli and going for a long walk with my Mum on Saturday. Probably a spot of gardening (blurghhh) and watching OH play cricket.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Good luck with potential loan AE!

veeery hot this weekend so I think a nice bath before turning out at night for Rosie pony. She loves to have a soggy roll in the dustiest patch of the field. I also really need to clean my tack!!!

Then I have some planters to paint and lots of sunbathing to do! 2 week countdown to wedding and I need a summer glow to distract from all the pregnancy related swelling!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I'm still buzzing after our test riding clinic yesterday with a list 1 judge. It's the first time that I have ridden a test on Maddie that's been judged, and even with her trying to put in a change towards the end of one canter, and a 'splat' trot transition at the end of the other canter, we still managed to score 72% which I am really pleased with. At the moment I am having to ride the canter quite forward in order to maintain it, so once I know she's not going to drop me (and she knows she's not allowed to!!), we can steady it a bit more and those transitions will improve. In the meantime, I will take 72% any day of the week!

Tomorrow we have a lesson with our regular trainer, then a fairly non horsey weekend as it's my birthday and we are going to my Mum's for lunch on Sunday. On Tuesday we have another test riding clinic, which happens to be with my regular trainer, but is a qualifying session for the BD South and West inter county champs in the Autumn.

Good luck for the horse viewing AE - Welsh mares are the best!! Fingers crossed Danny is ok j1ffy. Hope everyone else has a great time whatever you are up to. :) xx

Maddie enjoying (I think!) the shower on the lorry after yesterday's rather warm session.....

195288072_2036495076489509_686348716725867760_n.jpg

Last edited:

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
It is the 4yo's turn for a busy weekend this weekend! We're doing a group working equitation clinic on the yard on Saturday morning - which may be entertaining levels of spooky for him, but all excellent education in terms of being an all-round good citizen!

Then Sunday morning we're heading over to Somerford to use the grassroots XC field for his first official XC schooling session. Hopefully nice and mellow after Saturday's escapades and ready to calmly do some learning ;)

Older horse is still enjoying a well-deserved quiet week after Belsay 2* last weekend. Had a bit of filling in one back leg, but I think it was a skin wound infection rather than anything more - but just keeping a close eye on it all.

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm at Eland ODE on Sat :) doing the 70. Currently feeling very nervous and worrying that Buzz isn't fit enough but i'm pretty sure he's fine after the various hunter trials/Sj/long hacks i've done the last few months! Just over thinking and being anxious.
Hoping to drop the anxiety on Sat though as Buzz can get very, erm, Buzzy at the dressage there (with it being near the xc) and I want him to relax a bit!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I'm at Eland ODE on Sat :) doing the 70. Currently feeling very nervous and worrying that Buzz isn't fit enough but i'm pretty sure he's fine after the various hunter trials/Sj/long hacks i've done the last few months! Just over thinking and being anxious.
Hoping to drop the anxiety on Sat though as Buzz can get very, erm, Buzzy at the dressage there (with it being near the xc) and I want him to relax a bit!

I'm stewarding Arena D which is being used for the 70cm competitors. So I will see you there. Good luck x

humblepie

Visit site
Nikicb- I saw your facebook page so know who it was with - I have done a test riding clinic and had a lesson with her and my horse went really well both times. Not sure quite why but he obviously wanted to impress her. Mind you the time I rode the test after the test riding clinic wasn't so good but I do remember one of the pointers in particular that she gave me and use that.

AandK

Visit site
Good luck to those out and about this weekend!

I can start to join in again now that my horse's bruise has resolved itself (phew!), we have been hacking out in walk since last weekend and all good so far! Planning a light schooling session tomorrow AM before work (mostly walk, small amount of trot) and then a slightly longer hack Saturday, again with a tiny trot to see how we go.

smolmaus

Visit site
I do actually have horsey weekend plans for once! But a bit outside the normal box. Friday evening we are going up a mountain with a different rescue to my normal one to load up some feral/ abandoned ponies. They were safely herded into a lovely local person's field last week and the first batch can now come back to the rescue to get wormed, teeth sorted and feet looked at. One of them is apparently about to drop a foal any minute so cross your fingers we have 10 not 11 ?

Sunday is a 6am start to go hunt down a different herd elsewhere on the mountain to see if we can get them used to humans and feed buckets so they can be next ?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Waves hand above parapet..... I started my weekend last night and chucked B Fuzzy into 2 intro tests. 1st one was A, ground v quiet and I was 1st in. Pretty accurate on much, except a wobbly centre line, nice comments and more than a handful of 7s. (Last time we stressaged was over 2 years ago, 2 x tests 2 weekends apart and we did well to stay in arena). We only blooming won, and no there wasn't just me and another in it ?
2nd test was intro C, about 45 mins later. Not so good, v tense and goggling at others warming up. Finished 2nd in that one but only 2 in it.
So that's my stressage done for a few more years?

Hacking tomorrow and Saturday, have entered a couple of sj classes on Sunday.

Good luck to those competing and have a good time x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yet another weekend of nothingness.
but I'm on hols next week (first week off in over 18 months, whoo hoooo) so will organise a flat place to plonk lorry in nursery field for daily loading practice. The small things need to go and meet the old delinquents to improve their education. I think Hera will have it sussed next time and then I will begin on Frankel, who has no curiosity about the lorry whatsover and loves nothing more than parking in the sun for a snooze so I will be slopping on the sunscreen and wedging on my most patient hat as it could take a while :p

Lesson on Tuesday for Kira. we're having a mental block about the right piri, i feel like I've made the canter better, made the turn better... but somehow can't pull it all together. so I think it'll be 40 mins of spinning right.

palo1

Visit site
Not much here :( No more money for competing or training with an instructor this month as other stuff has taken over (when doesn't it??!) so I am on my own trying to do our homework on canter transitions and a few other things. I think a bit of breathing space on my own will be helpful in fact but I am also trying not to feel like we are 'getting behind the schedule' as I had hoped to enter something this month and get to a clinic. Hey ho, I will look at and try to enter something for next month I think; that will certainly galvanise me into a bit more structure rather than just hacking out admiring the view and jumping ditches lol!! Older horse now in full work is feeling fabulous; thankfully he just needs to be kept happy (which apparantly doesn't include structured schooling...). Having worked pretty relentlessly since forever a quiet'ish weekend will be welcome. :)

Visit site
Not quite this weekend but by the time next week's thread is made I will have taken 2 ponies to a show for the very first time since August 2019! I am taking Dum Dum and his mother to the Highland Showcase on Thursday. I need to dig so much stuff out and find stuff to make sure I still have everything ??

TheMule

Visit site
Saturday I will be building on last weekend's learning with the 4yr old- he jumped his first jumps last week but I don’t have help this time so probably just pole work out on the haylage field.
Elana needs a grilling as we have lots of homework from pro rider to tackle our spooking issues and the mule will just lunge because she's on a break but is really fat ?

racebuddy

Visit site
No thread yet?

I have a very exciting weekend planned so I'll start one.

Tomorrow I am viewing a potential loan horse :):):)

A 15hh 8yo Welsh Section D mare. Described as 'typical Welsh', sensitive and opinionated. So I have been reading the Welshie thread with increasing anxiety :oops: But my RI knows the horse and says I'll be fine. And is going to give me a lesson with the owner watching (gulp) as part of the viewing. Eeeeeek. The loan would be till end of September and I am free to take her out and about, compete etc. Full loan on my yard.

Saturday I am dressage stewarding at the Eland ODE. So if anyone wants to come and say hi, let me know your numbers and I'll look out for you!

Then Sunday it is Berriewood BE90 for Katie. It is meant to be 26 degrees. Yikes. So lots planned. And a possible new horse on the way.....if I can ride her!
Im at eland too in the 80 x only got 20 min between each phase ?? are the rings miles away from each other and lorry park ? X

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Im at eland too in the 80 x only got 20 min between each phase ?? are the rings miles away from each other and lorry park ? X

Dressage is near lorry park.
SJ is 5 minutes away.
XC is also near lorry park. It's all quite close together.

Besides they will wait for you if you are slightly late for SJ. There are only 8 allowed in warm up ring at a time and they let people go out of order.

racebuddy

Visit site
Dressage is near lorry park.
SJ is 5 minutes away.
XC is also near lorry park. It's all quite close together.

Besides they will wait for you if you are slightly late for SJ. There are only 8 allowed in warm up ring at a time and they let people go out of order.
Ahh thank u xxx i am on at 11 ish i think so aiming to get there for 8am to allow time to walk the courses as and hour half to 2 hour drive and workikf tommorow x