Mid October weekend plans

McFluff

Visit site
Can't believe it is mid-October already!

I have my first solo competition on Saturday (although I may manage to convince a friend to come for company...). That is, if the (I think fuel) leak that the car seems to suddenly have developed allows. Otherwise I'll be sulking at home.

Have fab weekends everyone.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
B has had routine chiro vet visit a short while ago, so day off tomorrow. (While I meet up with some other hho'ers for lunch)
Hacking Saturday, then Sunday have an indoor sj lesson, new venue and new coach, am hoping it works out more than ok ☺
MP have fun out in box for jolly.
McFluff, hope everything aligns ok for you to go to comp and have a good time :)

Good luck to those competing and hope everyone has z good time doing what they want x

Bernster

Visit site
CAMP!!! It’s at Aston le walls which is a new venue for me. I also don’t know anyone there but there’s quite a large group and I do know the trainers a bit. I’m arriving tomorrow morning and we have 2 lessons a day, flat, sj and xc, then a mock ODE on the sunday. Hoping Bertie isn’t too unsettled and we don’t embarrass ourselves! I’ve not taken him to a stay away but with my past horses it’s been a great way for me to get to know them better. I’ve had him since the summer and we haven’t done loads, and we have a lot still to work on, so I’m hoping to learn a few new things and have fun. Too old and creaky to actually camp so I’ve got a local bnb sorted instead - bliss! I also have a full tank of diesel, phew.

dorsetladette

Visit site
I'd noticed how much the trees had changed this morning, mid-October indeed. :oops:

Another lesson this weekend, hopefully won't be as wobbly this time around...

Really - was looking at our trees thinking how green they still are. I love the changing colours in autumn.

No plans here. Possibly another driving lesson if I dig my brave pants out. And possibly a plod round the block to keep B happy.

We need to make a decision on Robins manhood soon.

Chippers1

Visit site
Quiet one for me again. Buzz had the vet on Mon as his eye has been running and I noticed a small cloudy patch, rang vet who came on the same day(!) and poor Buzz had to have sedation and a nerve block in his eyelid to enable them to look. He was not happy about he sedation needle! Basically he has some abrasions on the eye - on the surface luckily - and the vet was surprised as he'd never seen them in the location they were before so took some photos to take back to the practice! Now Buzz is on a twice daily eyedrop and bute regime to try and heal it up. Lucky for me he's ok with eyedrops which is funny as he's awful to worm/inject/vet type things :D
He's absolutely fine in himself and no more spooky than he normally is so fingers crossed it heals up soon. Also will be repairing rugs as he's trashed his sweet itch rug (new this summer one, not my spare *cries *)
Have good weekends everyone :)

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I am doing a hunting clinic tomorrow as I love hedge hopping and the young horse will hopefully benefit. Saturday going for a ride on the beach on the fat pregnant one and on Sunday I debating doing the BD combined training qualifier. Except the horse needs to do a novice test for the 90cm so I have till 11pm tonight to decide. We have no medium, everything is pretty ropey but if she behaves and lets me ride her then she is seriously flashy and can usually jump pretty well. The big grey is on holiday after picking up a small injury preparing for Bicton 3 day. Nothing serious and bloods clear so can have a few weeks easy before coming back into work and doing a lot of Sjing.

j1ffy

Visit site
Have fun competing RF (my 4yo is currently struggling with the concept of a rhythmical 20m circle so I'm quite envious..!) and McFluff, and LEC if you decide to go!

I hope Buzz's recover is smooth Chippers.

Enjoy camp Bernster - the facilities at ALW are excellent. I did a camp there a few years ago and we were a bit surprised to find a competition on at the same time, but it did mean we could enjoy a very good burger van with the biggest selection of condiments that I'd ever seen!!

Nothing too exciting here, just some hacking and back in the school for a short session I imagine. Planning to box somewhere on Saturday although this time Chilli will have his Uncle Pocholo with him so he'll have someone to hold his hoof...but he won't be allowed to go as fast!

PSD

Visit site
Friend of mine is doing a ridden show on my welsh. She used to loan my Connie and I loved watching them compete so it’ll be nice to see her on my boy this weekend. Early start for us though, have to be there for 7.30am and it’s a 45 minute drive. Must say it’s much easier to get up for a show than it is to get up for work!
Wishing everyone lots of luck for this weekend and I hope you all enjoy your horsey plans.

Roxylola

Visit site
Sunday I debating doing the BD combined training qualifier. Except the horse needs to do a novice test for the 90cm so I have till 11pm tonight to decide. We have no medium, everything is pretty ropey but if she behaves and lets me ride her then she is seriously flashy and can usually jump pretty well.
We didn't have a medium trot for ages while we were out at novice, I just fudge it by encouraging them to open a bit and doing a big rise, its usually enough for a 5.5 ?
If the rest is rideable and accurate you'll be fine so get your entry in
We've got a dressage lesson on Saturday- for once I'm doing it the right way round and having the lesson a week before my comp not the day after or something ridiculous

southerncomfort

Visit site
Our saddle fitter came this morning to check Bo's saddle. He has suddenly filled out and become a proper stamp of a Fell pony (and his wonky shoulders are hardly wonky at all any more!) so I just wanted to check that his saddle isn't too tight. The saddle fitter was able to slightly widen his saddle and thinks generally its a good saddle for him.

Tomorrow I need to get in the school and practice the things we covered in last week's lesson.

Saturday I have another lesson and Sunday I think we are going to trailer Bo over to the Trans Pennine Trail as he likes it there. Might get OH to take his bike so that we can go a bit further his time.

Have a good one everyone!

scats

Visit site
No real horse plans. I’ve already hit the ‘it’s grey, miserable and getting dark’ phase and my enthusiasm has plummeted, so riding will be as and when I feel like it until the new year. Working tomorrow and Saturday. Saying that, I will try and get out hacking this weekend. I’ve got a girls night at my friends on Saturday to catch up with a group of my teacher pals, which is always fun and involves food and usually a fair amount of drink.

I took today off and went out for a shopping trip with my mum. Bought myself some lovely hoodie-style winter jumpers and we had a nice costa lunch and coffee. I do love the chance to be a normal person sometimes, it was much needed.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Got a bonus extra ride out on share horse tomorrow, and with her again on Saturday with OH joining on foot. Sunday over to see my friend and ride H - I think in the school again. I'm a bit self-conscious riding in front of my friend (they are much more experienced than me) but they are encouraging and trying to help. It must be working as last time I had my first ever canter on H. Unfortunately it looks like I keep kicking him every stride but I can't feel it when I'm riding so need to work out how to stop this, I'm thinking it probably involves something without stirrups!

Roxylola

Visit site
I haven’t sat on either of my two since my accident in August but I’m at the physio on Thursday and hoping I will be given the go ahead to get back on board. It will be a lot of walking up our hills to get them fit again as all three of us are fat and unfit.
I was thinking of you earlier, hope you're back on board soon

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Have fun competing RF (my 4yo is currently struggling with the concept of a rhythmical 20m circle so I'm quite envious..!) and McFluff, and LEC if you decide to go!

I hope Buzz's recover is smooth Chippers.

Enjoy camp Bernster - the facilities at ALW are excellent. I did a camp there a few years ago and we were a bit surprised to find a competition on at the same time, but it did mean we could enjoy a very good burger van with the biggest selection of condiments that I'd ever seen!!

Nothing too exciting here, just some hacking and back in the school for a short session I imagine. Planning to box somewhere on Saturday although this time Chilli will have his Uncle Pocholo with him so he'll have someone to hold his hoof...but he won't be allowed to go as fast!

Well.... tonight we've mainly spent bucking farting and cantering on the spot because we were trying to share the school with the 'scary' pony. He's generally better away from home though... so fingers crossed it isn't a disaster!! :eek:

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Yesterday Henry jumped for the first time since January! He said it was easy peasy, I just have to rode him a bit more forward. It felt so, so good!

Today it’s hot! So I went out hacking early. The flies were already bad. Tomorrow coolie and I have a jumping lesson and then Sunday Henry might hack, but it’ll depend on the weather, it’s supposed to be getting wet again.
93333031-73D4-4771-89C2-304BED6AE114.jpeg

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Going eventing! Bob's riders OH has a lovely exracer who is doing the 100 at Broadway tomorrow so super excited to get out!
And out ex-eventer is retired at the venue so looking forward to visiting!
ALW is a great place, I bet its super for camp!
Good luck to everyone out and about! Really hoping no one gets left at the beach!

J_sarahd

Visit site
Hacking for us this weekend. We’ve done a couple of flatwork schooling sessions this week and he’s feeling great. Our canter is really getting there and they have been tough sessions for him so want to give him a bit of a break from the school.

Then on Monday, I’m riding my friend’s pony. I’m so excited - I love riding other people’s ponies!

oldie48

Visit site
I'm slightly envious of Bernster going to camp!
I hacked out Miss F this morning, friend rode Mr D who spooked at a new gate, spooked at some mirrors that have appeared outside a cottage but was as happy as larry when overtaken by a huge lorry. If I start hacking him out I'll wear my air jacket! Miss F just marched on regardless. I had a bit of fun on the way home trying a bit of passage on her, just need to move my legs right back and use legs alternately with hips going too. After a few misfires I got some nice steps! I'm having lessons on Mr D on Monday and Wednesday.
My daughter is coming for lunch on Sunday and staying the night as she's on her way to the Lake District for a weeks holiday although her boyfriend is veggie she's not so I have lashed out on a rib of well hung beef, yum yum!
Have a great weekend everyone!