Mid sept Weekend Plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Who has plans?

I might have plans or i might not :p
Lorry is finally booked in for plating on Monday :eek: only been off the road since last August... of course it's bound to fail because at 9am on Tuesday I'm meant to be doing a clinic with Gareth Hughes. nothing like cutting it fine... I'm feeling philosophical about it now though was on course for a marital breakdown a couple of weeks ago when OH hadn't even attempted to book a test despite 8 weeks notice...

so if the stars align we will have our first outing for absolute yonks. if they don't then just plodding on at home. Trainer is away so we will probably leave the passage stuff for a bit and work on other things that I find easier to nudge along. Had a lightbulb moment about the Inter 2 line of half pass to canter piris yesterday, I am enjoying riding bits of new tests for the first time in aaaaages as you always get these little learning points :)

Have fun all (and send lorry vibes please!!)

cobtastic yesterday evening to decorate the thread

241887117_4699683076709832_5787019106517966424_n.jpg

SEL

Visit site
Sending lorry vibes!

I shall still be trying to persuade 3 horses to like the yard I have spent all my cash (& begged, borrowed & not quite stolen) to buy them. Plus helping OH get the solar panels up so we have light before the clocks change. The microcob will be going for a couple of short hacks so we can work out where the bridlepaths are. Longer hack is sadly not going to happen because there is an enormous charity bike event on in the area, but she's a bit depressed about leaving our old yard so I think little introductions will be better for the time being.

I've found the flattest bit of the fields for a schooling area so perhaps I'll fill in a few rabbit holes and strip nettles as well!

Exciting life :p

oldie48

Visit site
Yeah, I have plans! Tomorrow I am going to The BD Nationals with three friends, I'm sure it will be a fun day out. Owner of Mr D and Miss F is going on a weeks holiday on Saturday so I am going up to the yard to help out, hopefully will ride Mr D and organise a hack or two with daughter. No lesson this week but plenty of opportunities to school and I have lots to work on.
Good luck with the lorry MP.

Bernster

Visit site
I always get lorry stuff done at the wrong time, just when I’m wanting to out more rather than during quieter times.

I’ve had to move this date a few times so it feels a bit outdated now but I’ve got dressage arena hire for Bertie. It was due to be our first low key session and to practice cantering in the arena as ours is a bit small. We’ve actually done a few things in the meantime but it should still be good practice as flatwork is prob our weaker point right now.

Sprat

Visit site
Very jealous MP, Gareth is not too far from me and I would love a clinic with him. Can I ask where it was advertised? I'll keep my eye out for another one. Fingers crossed for the lorry.

Lesson tonight with a different instructor who used to teach me YEARS ago, I did a pole clinic with her not so long ago and thoroughly enjoyed myself so booked in with her again. Then probably some hacking Friday, physio Saturday and off to Blenheim with a friend on Sunday so hopefully a nice pony filled weekend

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Planning to get Joe to trot a rough circuit of the arena, he did 2 short bursts in a straight line today on his 3rd time ridden, the earliest I've ever trotted a newly backed horse. He's got a wonderful loose rangy stride, he really is my kind of horse ?

Hoping for some more correct flying changes from Ludo now we've found an exercise that he understands what's required.

Michen

Visit site
Hacked a brilliant Bog this am. Bear to ride later.
My weekend plans involve seeking out some tiger sharks though! Swapping breeches for a wetsuit All being well I’ll be leaving on a 10 day liveaboard from the Bahamas.

Anything can happen with covid travel though so I’ll believe it when I’ve landed.

7BF3CF0F-EC68-49B0-8C97-4D4CE345B69F.jpeg

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Nothing happening here again ☹️ As of yesterday I’m officially still not allowed to ride for another two months, apparently that’s how long fractures, chipped bone and shredded ligaments take to mend. In reality normal service will be resumed as soon as I can hold the reins comfortably ?

Visit site
For my sins I am running an affiliated Shetland Pony Show on Saturday! The Scottish Shetland Pony Championship Show to be precise. I was having a bit of a panic earlier in the week as my rosettes STILL hadn't turned up! They were ordered and paid for at the start of May! Got an email tail of the week before last saying a courier was picking them up on Monday last week and I would expect them to be delivered either Wed or Thurs. Friday rolled round and still nothing so I emailed and messaged. Got ignored. Messaged again and got told there was a slight delay so they were leaving later on that day - the Friday. Roll on to Tuesday, still nothing. I ask again for tracking details and don't hear a word back. Wednesday, midday, still no rosettes and we are 3 days away from the show! Finally got the tracking number off of them at 3.15pm yesterday which showed they had been delivered 1/2 hour prior. I wasn't there I was at Kelso racing but they did indeed arrive! Thank f**( for that! They are beautiful though! But talk about cutting it fine!

So tomorrow will be spent running around like a headless chicken making sure I have everything I need and pack it all up. Saturday will be a long ass day to say the least! But I have 107 different ponies entered in 165 classes so hopefully everyone enjoys themselves!

Sunday will be spent on the couch recovering and if I have to move for anything other than routine Pony stuff I will get very narky very quickly ???

P.s. if anyone fancies popping along to watch then feel free!

I hope everyone's weekends go to plan! And lorries behave themselves!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I've fallen ill (not Covid) so if I sit on the horse at all it'll be a good weekend ? but I feel so sickly.

So he'll have his trim on Saturday (if I can't be there, a friend can - she uses the same trimmer)...and mostly loafing around the field and/or paddock. He already had a 3 day weekend last weekend when my SI flared up.

So I'll just be over here falling apart. Hopefully the rest of you are able to enjoy your weekends!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Nothing happening here again ☹️ As of yesterday I’m officially still not allowed to ride for another two months, apparently that’s how long fractures, chipped bone and shredded ligaments take to mend. In reality normal service will be resumed as soon as I can hold the reins comfortably ?
I can't 'like' this post ?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I was hoping to hack today but timings didn't work out - gutted as it's been an absolutely beautiful day! I did get to go up to the yard and see H and the gang, particularly appreciated after 3 days isolating with OH in advance of his surgery today (which went fine).

Saturday I'm off to Munstead to watch (happy to meet up with any fellow HHOers if also going as I'm going solo) and Sunday with a friend to a hunter trial. It's been a while since I've been out in the lorry to an event so looking forward to that. Hopefully hacking early next week and a couple of lessons (one of which is jumping eeeek!) :D

palo1

Visit site
Sending lorry vibes @milliepops !! I too always end up with transport related stuff at the last minute...I am considering my options for this weekend. I now have 2 horses fit and ready for autumn hunting/hound exercise which is plan A but plan B is in the wings and if the weather is dire I might look up some dressage related goals and work out a plan for that. Still very undecided how to proceed on that front in relation to which sort of training I should go for: fortnightly with a local and very nice trainer who will work on a bit of everything or monthly with a trainer who will help us to work toward more specific dressage goals. I am greedy and want to play at all the different games but realistically this time of year isn't best for xc training and I have sooooooo little money. I know Alw can and will jump really keenly so maybe I can leave playing with that for a bit but I would so like to actually 'get somewhere' with our flatwork and the idea of a goal that we have is nagging me! Alw also could do with more work on her way of going and that would deffo contribute when we come back to any kind of jump training. I find it very hard to keep juggling work/keeping the horses fit/entertaining the dog/looking after the family & other animals and getting out to do stuff so I think that a monthly training session might be more manageable for me; it would give me more time to do a little bit of homework. On the other hand as winter approaches, with no arena handy I wonder if that sort of training might be a bit wasted? I usually do a fair bit of my flatwork homework out hacking though I use the flat bit of one of our fields as a makeshift school occasionally. Ho hum...sorry, plans are unclear!! Helpful to think out loud though. :)

TheMule

Visit site
Mine have all just had a short break due to being manic with work so Nova is just light hacking to keep him from being quite so fat and naughty. The mule is gearing up for a little autumn campaign so I will be trying to negotiate our left and right turning in advance of a couple of little outings where I'm going to unleash her on the big wide world ?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Keeping everything crossed for lorry plating MP!

I've had a week off so we've done a pub ride, an all day picnic ride, a TREC lesson and hired a local arena for a pop around a (very, very small) SJ course. Hacking again tomorrow with a friend.

For the actual weekend though, I'm off to Blenheim to spectate & shop on Saturday. Then hacking again Sunday I'd imagine.

Hoping the weather stays nice for the rest of the weekend ??

mavandkaz

Visit site
Shambles will be hacked a coupe of times.
Belle is off to her first ever ODE, with junior jockey - it will be her first competition too. I think I'm more excited/nervous then she is! I just hope Belle behaves herself as she can try it on a bit and get a bit nappy ? it's a PC 'mini' event so supposed to be inviting and friendly.
Sending horsebox vibes - mine is due it's mot end of October and I'm not holding out any hope of it passing (windscreen washer pump)
Good luck to all those out and about.

meleeka

Visit site
I should be having my yard concreted tomorrow :) I’m ridiculously excited as I had loose wonky pacing slabs before. The yard was dug out 3 weeks ago and my lot aren’t happy they haven’t been able to use their stables since.

I wonder if the novelty of sweeping my yard will ever wear off because that’s what I’m looking forward to most.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
SJ tomorrow for OH onMammoth (hoping he might be paying abit more respect to the “puny” jumps than last time ? plus io tagging along with his sharer then Sunday we are taking Perry, 3 yr old cob, to do a couple of inhand classes at a friendly nearby show as we suddenly realised he hasn’t been out this season ! So I’m on day 4 of washing grease out of his white socks - it’s like axel grease!