Mid-weight Turnout Rugs - recommendations please

Whispa

Visit site
Hi

Decided to buy the pony a new rug for her Christmas pressie!!! Therefore looking for recommendations. I quite like the Weatherbeeta Landa medium weight turnout rug, and just wondered what they were like, do they fit well and keep the rain out etc etc?

I've used their stable rugs for years now - have one that must be 15 years old thats been used regularly throughout this time, and although its definitely seen better days it doesn't look too bad at all!!

I've got a 13.2 retired New Forest cross mare who's 29 and has a fluffy coat of about an inch long. She's is out in the day but in at night, so I need something new to keep her cosy now the weather has turned a bit grim.

Also, do you recommend half neck covers or the standard fit ones?

Alternatively, any other recommendations of turnout rugs for furry ponies are much appreciated!!! Have a budget of about £70.

Look forward to hearing from you.

druid

Visit site
The Horseware Amigos are easily within your budget and fit ponies very well IME, you might even get a Rhino pony rug if your poyn fit into sizes 5'6" or less

emmilou

Visit site
Rhino wug! there fab. my 14.2 has had his for......7 years now and despite his barb wire fetish! its held up with out a single snag.
also, i have a rhingold turnout which is fab. these are much cheaper but equally as good.
hope you find the one you want x

Chex

Visit site
I have a lw landa, but don't like it, really bad fit and leaks. The wb takas are much better. I have a rhinegold konig, which is actually a good rug! Was very suprised as they're quite cheap.

beh

Visit site
I have a weetherbeeta medium rug (with neck) in hollyberry sorry dont know the name so hope that helps, fab rug, really like it, got it off the equestrian clearance wearhouse

Whispa

Visit site
To everyone

Thank you very much for all for your recommendations - I'm going to have a look at the different rugs that you have recommended and take it from there.

I'm sure this rug buying lark used to be far easier!! When I started out it used to be jute rugs and canvas new zealand's that weighed a ton when it rained and took ages to dry out again! There's so much choice out there now, but its far more fun choosing them now!!! Here's to happy rug shopping!!

Thanks again.