Milk Indicators?

_jetset_

Visit site
Who uses these and where did you buy them from?

Non of my broodmares set off the foaling alarms (they are all cool customers) so it ends up me checking them every hour and a half on the cameras. Obviously, this is still something that will be done but I was wondering whether these milk indicators would make it less nights of watching as a few of them do not show any signs prior to foaling down.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I used aquachek strips that I got from eBay I think. You need to get ones that go up high enough and down low enough to be useful, but I can't for the life of me remember what the need to go up/down too!

Hopefully someone else will know what you need to look for :)

crabbymare

Visit site
Cannot remember the brand as they are not here but I just use ones from ebay with ph from 5 to 8 and pop a single drip direct from the teat onto it which is technically incorrect for method and only using ph but works for me and has given me a lot of sleep I would have lost without them. these seem to cover the right range and are the same type I use (ph looks to be the 4th row from the top and the colours make me think they are in the right range.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100X-8-PA...275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a85bb1fd3

Last edited:

Magicmadge

Visit site
I used the aqua check total bromine ones . The ph goes down to 6.2 The colour then will be pale orange. I wouldn't have another mare foal without them only had to sit up one night .