Milk Testing Kits

ToniCook

New User
Visit site
Hi there, im new to the forum and expecting my first foal soon. I am probably going over old ground here, but need to know about milk testing kits, ive looked and found nothing of much help. I have been told about the foalwatch kit but seems rather expensive at over £60 for 20 tests! I have read on various sites that people use the water hardness test kits but no one seems to put what you actually need to do. Could someone please recommend what and where to buy but also how to do the test? All help much appreciated.

rolorocky

Visit site
Hi
Im new too and have been reading all the breading posts over the last few weeks.
We had our first foal which im glad to say arrived safe and well two weeks ago.
I used the milk strips and they were very correct.
I got mine off e bay !
There was a card which gave me the name and address of the stud that sent them. I will pm you tomorrow as they are down yard.
I think i put in ebay "milk testing strips for mares"
PS they cost me £10

ProperBo

Visit site
hi
I never bothered with teh fancy kits!! if you check out yellow ranch they show you how to do the same but much cheaper!! Ive bought the pool testing strips for 10 quid for a bottle of 50!!!! you just need the ph and the hardness strips.

its dead easy .1ml of milk to 6 parts water. the water must be DISTILLED water!!
if you all pm me i'll send you teh contacts for teh company i used who post them to you within 24 hours.

I use sterile medicine plastic cups.