Milton Harris banned from training racehorses

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Just awful, I’m glad the BHA has decided on a permanent ban. I’m pleased that those involved were brave enough to speak up and get him removed from training.

Link The full panel report is here (cw: swearing, discussions of abusive / threatening behaviour and inappropriate behaviour towards children)

Quote from Racing Post:
The licensing committee was damning in its summary of Harris, labelling him dishonest and manipulative, as well as having little or no awareness of what appropriate safeguarding behaviour is, particularly in respect to young people.

In its judgement, the panel wrote: “We consider that Milton Harris is ungovernable, or at least in the regulatory context, not capable of being regulated.

“For these reasons, we are driven to conclude that he is not a fit and proper person to hold a licence to train racehorses and that the addition of conditions would make no difference to that conclusion.”

reynold

Visit site
They have the ability to 'warn off' people from even entering a racecourse but that wasn't mentioned in the report, merely that he wasn't a 'suitable person' to hold a training license.

It is obvious that he cannot be trusted to behave in a work environment and therefore shouldn't be allowed to enter a training premises.

Gamebird

Visit site
They have the ability to 'warn off' people from even entering a racecourse but that wasn't mentioned in the report, merely that he wasn't a 'suitable person' to hold a training license.

It is obvious that he cannot be trusted to behave in a work environment and therefore shouldn't be allowed to enter a training premises.
And from all licensed premises. I know a farrier that was 'warned off' by the BHA (for irregularities with running one of his horses in a PTP) and that meant all racecourses and all licensed premises, so he couldn't shoe for any trainers for the duration of his warning off - think it was 2yrs in that case.

Gamebird

Visit site
I don't think so. The judicial panel report just says that he is not considered a fit and proper person to hold a licence.

reynold

Visit site