Milton Keynes people help pls - just accepted a job there!

star

Visit site
Just been offered job as new vet in small animal practice in Newport Pagnell which is very exciting. It's the 2nd job I've been offered this week with one more quite likely, but decided I wanted this one the most! Downside is they want me to start a week Monday so now I have to sort out somewhere for me and Dan to live ultraquick! Any recommendations of livery yards - need assisted DIY or part-livery at the moment. Facilities dont matter as horse is probably going to be on box rest and wont be ridden for several months, if ever.

Just hoping I can have one more bit of luck this week when Dan sees Ian Wright on Friday to see if he can do anything to fix this tenosynovitis/annular ligament problem he has.

Thanks!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Well done on the job Star - I used to live in MK (not that far from me now actually) - only one that immediately springs to mind is MK Eventing Centre but there are lots of peeps from MK on the forum so am sure they willbe able to provide more - does this mean we will see you at Keysoe in the future?

BBs

Visit site
Well done
smile.gif

Which practise are you working for?

I know sillymare isnt far from where you say. Shame youre not that little bit closer (Im about 30-40 minutes from where you say) as I could have looked after Dan for you
smile.gif

Good luck

Vxx

keeley

photobucket.com
Hey Star I live in MK.

The eventing centre is ridiculously expensive and if he's on box rest there really isn't much point in paying £35 every week just for a box!

I keep my horse just down the road from the eventing centre - but there are lots of small yards around. Depends where you are going to be living really.

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done
smile.gif

Which practise are you working for?

I know sillymare isnt far from where you say. Shame youre not that little bit closer (Im about 30-40 minutes from where you say) as I could have looked after Dan for you
smile.gif

Good luck

Vxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Astonlee is the practice - quite a big, new place - hoping it will be a good job! 28k is good money for a new grad and should hopefully fund Dan for me.

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done on the job Star - I used to live in MK (not that far from me now actually) - only one that immediately springs to mind is MK Eventing Centre but there are lots of peeps from MK on the forum so am sure they willbe able to provide more - does this mean we will see you at Keysoe in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, not in the near future. Doubt Dan will ever be ridden again, let alone compete and I cant afford two.

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Star I live in MK.

The eventing centre is ridiculously expensive and if he's on box rest there really isn't much point in paying £35 every week just for a box!

I keep my horse just down the road from the eventing centre - but there are lots of small yards around. Depends where you are going to be living really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Not sure where living yet - will be challenge to sort that out in a week! Are there any local saddleries that i could pay a visit to to find some adverts for livery?

JaneMBE

Visit site
RB equestrian have ads. They are in Great (I think) Brickhill.
There are quite a few yards that end of MK. Near Newport there is one or maybe two.
A few are listed Here

hope you get sorted soon
laugh.gif

SillyMare

Visit site
I live in Northampton (I work in Milton Keynes) - my horses are in a small yard just south of Northampton and just off the Bedford road.

Probably a bit far from you if you are living in MK, but let me know if you are looking Northampton side.

Don't know all that many places, but I can ask around if you think you may be my side of things (PM me if you like).

gemma1992

Visit site
Hi.
Good luck with your job.
I know there's a stables at the end of lakes lane, newport pagnell,. (Lakes lane is opposite the fire station). I don't know about prices but PM and I'll be happy to help

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
RB equestrian have ads. They are in Great (I think) Brickhill.
There are quite a few yards that end of MK. Near Newport there is one or maybe two.
A few are listed Here

hope you get sorted soon
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks - really useful site!
laugh.gif

lornaA

Visit site
My sister lives in buckingham and works in mk. Its really nice down there. Unfortunately she can't afford a horse rite now due to cost of renting her house but there seems to be a lot of horses about the countryside round there. Good luck.

star

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My sister lives in buckingham and works in mk. Its really nice down there. Unfortunately she can't afford a horse rite now due to cost of renting her house but there seems to be a lot of horses about the countryside round there. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

i kind of have to afford my horse. i've had him 5yrs. he's 20yrs old and lame so no-one would have him even if i wanted to sell him so i will no doubt be spending every spare penny i have on keeping him in the manor he is accustomed to!

cheekers

Visit site
I live about 3mins walk from Astonlee! All my non-horsey animals go there and it's a really friendly professional practice. The care they gave my cat (and me!) last year when he got a Pseudomonas infection in his bladder was unfaultable (Claire and Caroline in particular).

As far as livery yards go I keep my horse at a friends house in Brackley, but there are lots of yards around that area. I agree the Eventing Centre is great but expensive. There is a small yard called New Woad Farm on the B526 road out of Newport Pagnell, although I haven't been there for some years they have all year turnout. Further along that road is Adderseys Farm - I think they do livery - and even further along there is a yard called Forest Lodge Farm where I used to keep my boy a few years ago, but the grazing there is quite restricted in bad weather. All good yards but haven't personally been to them for a long time.

There are also small yards worth checking out in Sherington, Gayhurst, Haversham, North Crawley and Cranfield. But the good thing about all those pesky roundabouts in MK is you can get from one side of the city to the other fairly quickly so I'm sure you'll find somewhere suitable.

Congrats on the job and good luck with the move.