Mind your own business

Armas

Visit site
Rant.
Some of you may know I live in France my house has 30 Acres and we have 20 acres of surrounding land that we allow to be farmed.
The other day I decided I wanted to do a photo shoot of me and my boy in the corn fields.
My land but not my crop. I asked the farmer who uses my land if its was ok to take some pictures in the field. He had no problem and his daughter took the shots and some video for me.
I posted the video on a French forum. I now have some one ranting at me........

I want to ask you kindly to remove the footage of you riding through a corn field. Broadcasting this for all to see does none of us in the horseriding community any favours.
I grew up in Norfolk, England and spent my childhood riding around the lovely countryside and it was just common sense that you should not ride through cropped farmland until it was harvested.
I now ride all around the forests and farmland in my locality here in France and the same applies.
Please think about this as it matters so much.

I pointed out its my land thus I can do what I want !!! And got this back

I am involved in Equestrian Tourism and it is the horseriding public that concerns me. Whether you own the land or not, and whether the person who took the picture is related to the farmer or not, it is totally inexcusable to ride on cropped land. I work with people who struggle to run riding centres and who battle to open up bridleways and tracks but who are up against some farmers who say horses damage the land. Not as much as their modern machinery we think but we are a minority group and need to be careful and to stick together

Hello people its my land Ill do what the hell I like. I don't tell you what you can do in your garden.

What is it with people.

End of rant feel better now.

IMG_6527.jpg

Last edited:

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
There is always one! Everyone knows that you shouldn't ride on fields that you don't have permission to ride on & so I don't think your photo is going to persuade people who don't not to, just like her comment won't stop people who do it anyway!

Personally I think it's a beautiful photo!

TritTrot

Visit site
The world is full of do-gooders and know-it-alls. How many adverts do you see for equine products where the horses are in crop fields? Grrr...bite your tongue moment!!!

Lovely photos though.

Armas

Visit site
I would never ride through a cropped field that does not belong to me. I normally ride in a proper ridding hat. But for the purpose of the picks I chose to don my Australian hat !

IMG_6597.jpg

Last edited:

quirky

Visit site
OMG, not only are you amid the crop, you've let your horse eat it :eek:.

You could say that the hatless photos posted on here encourage others to ride hatless. Err, I don't think so :confused:!
Just as what you do is your business and yours alone :)

pookie

Visit site
Wow. Can't blame you for ranting. Tell 'em to jog on and mind their own. I can imagine them reading out their complaint whilst typing, complete with nasally, droning voice :D

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Things are not always what they seem though.

I have some pictures of my horse and I riding through a poppy filled corn field. The camera does not show that there is a bridlepath running through the centre, obscured by the height of the crop.

Angelbones

Visit site
***Male in t-shirt post alert***
Seeing as nobody else has, I'll take the lead here and say that should you decide to return to the UK, get in touch; I'll take you cavorting in the corn :D;):p:)
(shuffles out envisaging crop circles....) :eek:

Armas

Visit site

pogface

Visit site
Beautiful photos! What is the name of your horse? Just got back from a French school trip and would love to go back to ride around the countryside.
People always have to have their say - there are far more worrying and concerning issues in the horse world than you riding in your OWN crop field!

MrsHutt

Visit site
Really beautiful pictures! I love your horse and have enjoyed reading about how you got him and all! Your land, your horse, your head - do what you want!!

moosea

Visit site
Seeing as nobody else has, I'll take the lead here and say that should you decide to return to the UK, get in touch; I'll take you cavorting in the corn :D;):p:)

How rude!!! ... you didn't even think to ask him to take some pics with his top off and some shorts on!! :p

Nice horse and nice pics :)

Batgirl

Visit site

Damnit you beat me to it! Gorgeous horse and gorgeous bloke, Yorkshire is very like France you know ;)