Mini & My Mare

showpony

Visit site
WHAT a busy day Mini had today & am just bursting with pride lol - she had her first proper canter on my 6yr old 15.3 Mare....

In fact Mini had a super busy day!!! Had her usual Saturday group lesson where they did Minis favourite thing & headed out & about doing some meaty banks.... of course Mini was the first to want to attempt them ( too brave ) and nearly came off lol as new pony decided he wanted to canter down it which had Mini in hysterics laughing , then she had a spin on my mare & then she hacked out other pony the one we cant sell to give her a bit of a break from being used in RS.

I had promised Mini a go on my mare depending on her mood ( the horses NOT Mini:) well lets just say today was like sitting on a horse that had consumed multiple bags of smarties & jelly tots - however after I had worked her in & done a good 45mins schooling butter wouldnt melt SO I decided was totally safe for Mini to hop up - OMG was so proud of them both lol!! I think Mini sits very well for a 7 yr old but I am biased lol....

Video link below:)

Tash88

Visit site
You may be biased but she certainly does sit very well for her age, and imagine how different your horse feels to her pony, she is just so confident!

showpony

Visit site
:) big step up from a 12.2 lol & the last time she rode my mare was about 8mths or so ago... NO fear what so ever does Mini have - was lovely to watch her & my mare behave despite Minis legs not really far below saddle lol.

You may be biased but she certainly does sit very well for her age, and imagine how different your horse feels to her pony, she is just so confident!

Geek

Visit site
Well Done Mini!! She looks really good on your mare :) You are definitely going to be losing the ride though... Lovely that Mini is so keen and that you can both enjoy the horses together.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I love seeing pics and vids of her riding. She just astounds me, I can't think I've ever seen a tot her age ride so confidently!

She is definately going to be one to watch out for in future years, I hope you've cleared a room at home for all the rosettes & trophies! :)

LaurenBay

Visit site
That's lovely, lovely you can trust your mare to look after mini too.

This would be a dream of mine, to see my child riding Ruby :) now I just need to have the child lol

Nannon

Visit site
Awh how lovely!! My 3yo niece really wants to ride my 16.3 ex racer (he is a donkey but I just cant risk it!) - she does sit very nicely on her own pony though :)

WelshD

Visit site
Brilliant, mini is a neat little rider

If you lived anywhere near me I would be kidnapping her to show my section A!

showpony

Visit site
so today Mini went to a different yard I have been considering moving to... produces very capable young riders BUT decision was made for Mini to stay @ current yard & just take her to other yard once or twice a month for training....
So today Mini rode one of their ponies - a very very buzzy 138 grade A :) think cantering sideways & a flat out gallop at first set of bounce fences lol..... anyhow , Mini did AMAZING - she loved being in a group session with kids the same age...
Lesson was fab with lots of structure in place - she totally thrived in the environment..... worked through technical exercises for a young child & was jumping course on fizzy pony no problem by the end... in fact she jumped bigger than most of the other kids who have been there a long time...... so onwards & upwards.... Mini will take pony to yard we went to today once or twice a month... Oh if anyone is looking for a small Jockey for Spring Showing Mini is up for it... she rode 3 times yesterday & loves the variety of Ponies:)