Mini update

zandp

Visit site
Just a quick update. One of my first posts on here was asking for advice about my youngster, who'd got quite uncontrollable.

Her behaviour didn't get much better over the last few months and she became impossible to catch. Now I've had difficult to catch horses before but she was truly impossible.

Last week I moved yards again. 3rd move in a year so not ideal for her. We went back to a yard that I left almost exactly a year ago. This yard has herd turnout and it really seems to have been the key.

She's turned back into the horse she was, she's much happier, she's definitely not top of the herd anymore, she's behaving wonderfully. Both her and my other mare remembered all the horses, they're in the same field we were in last year. Everything's now calm again in our world. She's coming to call in a 10 acre field
smile.gif
, she's much better behaved with her feet and is just generally a happier horse.

So I've learnt a few vital lessons - mostly that she definitely needs to be in a herd, not just in a little group. There's only 5 of them but it seems to be enough.
smile.gif

agreenhalgh

Visit site
what a difference it has made! your horse is now alot happier. result! bet your over the moon!!
smile.gif

i know how it feels to have a horse u cant catch! Once had to build leccy fencing around mine and slowly make it smaller to catch her!! At the old yard she was only grazing with one other gelding, now she is out with 5 other geldings and she loves it!
grin.gif

zandp

Visit site
Did make me feel really guilty about moving them in the first place but we moved for better facilities and they were very useful when I was backing her.

The change in her is quite incredible, so herd only for us from now on.