Mirrors in outdoor arena

Moobucket

Visit site
I've been looking about getting some mirrors in my outdoor school. I know there are specific companies that provide them but they are super expensive. Has anybody tried any cheaper alternatives? I've been looking at acrylic mirror sheets for gardens etc. They are way cheaper but i'm not sure how clear an image they produce? Is it a bit fair ground?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Don't cut corners. You wont achieve what you want unless you get a good quality mirrors for outdoor use. Cheap ones distort, bow and how will you get an accurate image of what you are doing and check your yields, travers/renvers or half-passes are straight if the image is skewed??

Polotash

Visit site
Totally depends what you want... if you want an excellent image and a long range of free standing mirrors then you'll be stuck with the expensive ones (£95 each on BD website classifieds is cheapest I've seen) BUT if you just want to be able to glance over and see roughly what's going on you can use an alternative.

I have a barn along one side of my school so I have a huge second hand interior mirror (it's been there 15 years or so) and it's perfect for what I want.