Mis-sold horse. Wondering if anyone could offer legal advice?

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I've not read all the replies. But my personal thoughts are - you didn't get horse vetted, you can't prove the dealer had any prior knowledge of the issue (would have flagged up had you had a vetting) and also if you send the horse back, it could be sold on.
I'm afraid I'd be PTS and cutting your losses.
OP seems to have covered these points in her first post.
Basically horse not fit for purpose, nothing to do with pre sales vetting as such. Its a trade sale and the fact this was not disclosed is pretty damming, legally, I think

Last edited:

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
OP seems to have covered these points in her first post.
Basically horse not fit for purpose, nothing to do with pre sales vetting as such. Its a trade sale and the fact this was not disclosed is pretty damming, legally, I think

Playing devil's advocate here, the OP says the original dealer passed the horse on to the dealer that they then bought the horse from, so is it not likely that the dealer that OP bought the horse from will just say they were not informed by the previous dealer of any known medical history?

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
Playing devil's advocate here, the OP says the original dealer passed the horse on to the dealer that they then bought the horse from, so is it not likely that the dealer that OP bought the horse from will just say they were not informed by the previous dealer of any known medical history?
Well he would say that wouldn't he! A professional cannot claim to be "an innocent", in the legal way of looking at things.
Effectively he warranted the horse, so he needed to have a good knowledge of it to do this.