Miss de Meena

Whispa

Visit site
You get a mention in the Eventing Worldwide Aldon report!! Here you go:

"Clare Boumphrey was another returning to a familiar horse, having an excellent cross country round on Swynnerton who was shortlisted for the WEG with Austin O’Connor"

Here's to a happy and successful season.

Good luck to the rest of you who are eventing this year as well. Keep those reports coming as I love reading them. It reminds me of when I was eventing - both the up's and downs!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Wow, that's really nice!!
It was a lovely xc round, i'm still grinning about it now!!
grin.gif

who wrote the report??
and who was the other person 'returning to a familiar horse' ??

Thanks for posting
grin.gif
grin.gif

if i get my pic in a report, i might stump up the £30 to join to see it haha

Whispa

Visit site
Boss wrote the report - it was really good as it covered all the sections and gave a really good review of what went off, rather than just focusing on the top guys which some eventing reports do. Daren't include all of it as just read copyright bit on end of the report/website!!

Vittoria Panizzon on Malt On The Rocks was the other rider returning on an old ride.

Again, congrats - he sounds like a horse that will go to the level you want to go to. What are your plans for him this year?

Whispa

Visit site
I'll keep my eye out for you when the photo's go online and will let you know if you are there!

Nothing better than a good XC ride to keep you smiling for the rest of the week! Its those rides that remind you why we go eventing and makes up for those days when things don't exactly go to plan!!!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
He is an awesome horse!!
grin.gif

I still have my dad to deal with tho.. who'd rather sell the horse, and thinks it's for sale!!
crazy.gif

hence my manic trying to find half owners for him!!
trying not to make too many plans just yet either..

Quite understand about the copyright on the report..

And thanks Boss
grin.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
hehe, yeah, i didn't know about that till BBs told me.. not sure how it got there (people must be talking haha)

We have always owned him, we bought him as a 4/5yr old, i started him off, got him to novice and won his first points on him.. i then injured my knee really badly and took a year to get over it, he was sent to Austin cos we know him, Austin started doing really well with him.. by the time i was recovered from my knee thing, the horse was way over qualified for me to be playing around with, and Austin had big plans for him (ie the Europeans).. so we gave Austin the go ahead to carry on with him.. then last year the plan was WEG.. he didn't make the team, he was 1st res... by this time funds have well and truely dried up (we can't afford to run a novice horse, let alone an Adv horse) so the decision was made to sell him.. that didn't happen, no one seemed to want him.. so i have him back!!
The sad thing is, i think he's still for sale.. so i'm not sure if i've 'got the ride' or i just have the pleasure till he is sold!!

So, there's Ernies story...

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I think a leg would keep dad happy too!!
grin.gif

I've managed to find someone willing to buy one, maybe even two legs in him, trouble is they talk about doing it far more than actually do it, and they'd rather be part of a syndicate..

He could be the first event horse owned by H&H, that would be one way to get your pic in the mag
cool.gif
hehe

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
with difficulty!

I suppose ask people to become part of a HHO (suppose you can't actually have horse and hound due to copyright issues!!!!) syndicate. Minimum input value with set aim value being a % of current horse's value.

Because of situation you could say owners passes etc given out on rotation basis with preference given to higher stake holders. No financial payout unless horse sold just joy of knowing horse competing and the fringe benefits to go with!

Hey might work might not but worth a go perhaps if it looks like only way of keeping ride!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Or how about something along the line of the William Fox-Pitt eventing club, £99 to join per year, come along to all the events, and be part of the all action.
Would require at least say 50 people to join, if you register as a syndicate *i think* everyone gets a free car pass to events..

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
that could work well especially if free car passes to all!
wink.gif
poor events won't know what will be hitting them ha ha ha

although if it was perhaps £50 minimum with option to be more you would get a few more peeps?!

think the whole idea is definetly worth the thought though!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
A PM to admin maybe?? I can see it upsetting a few people on the advertising front..
But if it's something for HHO it would have to be posted on here??

It would be a great day out, come to some big horse trials, some of which might be abroad (ie. take a holiday in France) and have a horse/lorry to go to, and BE (hehe get it?) part of the action..
It's nice to go to a big event, and not feel like just another spectator..