Missed embryo

WARMBLOOD LAD

New User
Visit site
Hello 👋

So my mare was scanned at day 14, vets words I think you may have a hider in there, then couldn't find anything so said not in foal! However also couldn't see any follicles or fluid to predict any signs of season.

Anyway my mare is now 40 days over due a season, she usually bang on and always shows signs of season every 18 days. Not even the yard tease is doing it for her.

Could vet have missed this and could my mare now be pregnant.

If so I hope she is not carrying twins. I am arranging a scan to be sure but wanted to know if this shas happened before?

Thanks

Asha

Visit site
Vet could have missed it, so I would re scan . However , I’ve had 2 mares both struggle to come into season over the last month . One finally came in , but had had a problem so can’t cover this year , the other now on regumate to try and kick start her again . Vets reckons they have had a few like that this summer

WARMBLOOD LAD

New User
Visit site
Vet could have missed it, so I would re scan . However , I’ve had 2 mares both struggle to come into season over the last month . One finally came in , but had had a problem so can’t cover this year , the other now on regumate to try and kick start her again . Vets reckons they have had a few like that this summer
It's a strange one she's always 18/19 day all the other mares are squirting away and she just has no interest at all, and she's usually the yard tart 😂 easiest way to say it, I have ill add she was inseminated not natural and is maiden, now vet did say she was very deep in the uteras which didn't help scanning. Il definitely get a scan done.

cundlegreen

Visit site
It's a strange one she's always 18/19 day all the other mares are squirting away and she just has no interest at all, and she's usually the yard tart 😂 easiest way to say it, I have ill add she was inseminated not natural and is maiden, now vet did say she was very deep in the uteras which didn't help scanning. Il definitely get a scan done.
I sent one in for a scan last week, as she had been showing continuous season until my stallion got in with her. I was very surprised to find she wasn't in foal. I've had another TB mare who seemed to show season to my stallion, but never got covered again due to coming up dirty. She hasn't shown a season since, so I will have her rescanned as she is a racemare.Maybe the weather has something to do with it, as my vet is very good at pregnancy diagnosis.

WARMBLOOD LAD

New User
Visit site
I sent one in for a scan last week, as she had been showing continuous season until my stallion got in with her. I was very surprised to find she wasn't in foal. I've had another TB mare who seemed to show season to my stallion, but never got covered again due to coming up dirty. She hasn't shown a season since, so I will have her rescanned as she is a racemare.Maybe the weather has something to do with it, as my vet is very good at pregnancy diagnosis.

I booked the scan as started getting concerned after 3 missed seasons the day I booked the scan she came in season 😂