Mix it up ????

Visit site
Over the next holidays i am planning to ride my loan everyday. I don't want to over jump him so trying to think of some different things to do each day (we are both fairly experienced but he can be very strong). I don't want to just school him and hack him every day. What different ridden (i already spend hours on the ground with him) activities could i do with him preferably in a arena but open to ideas in a field ( i have no lorry ). thanks all :)

paddi22

Visit site
i did some trec style PTV training with a little mare and we both really enjoyed it. it actually improved her manners no end for stuff like mounting and standing. Amd she loved figuring out the obstacle bits

Snowfilly

Visit site
Handy pony / trec / gymkhana game stuff. Bending in and out of cones, opening gates, walking across tarps, carrying stuff while mounted, picking things up from the ground while mounted, anything, reining back through a bend etc.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Following on from pole work, I brought a book about Spanish Doma vacquro work which is movements and spins ridden one handed while spinning a pole In the other hand. Lack a suitable horse to try it on, but I bet anything that is weight trained and neck reins a bit could be taught!