Mmm well that didn't really go as planned! update no 2

lennysmith

Visit site
Well i went down to yard armed with my letter, did my deep breathing saw friend and busied myself til it got quiteter.

However, she decided to take D for a walk and promclaimed very loud, 'God this headcollar is awful, I cant believe you've been putting this on him'. I graciously went over and adjusted it, so it did fit, (she had it on upside down) then she said, 'you didn't need to do it, I dont appreciate interferance, you could have just told me how to do it.'

Well, all my deep breathing and the bloomin letter went out the window, you know, I think I actually saw red!! I took my last deep breath and finally stopped ranting at her about 10 mins later, dont think I actually came up for air. I'm not proud of how I reacted at all, feel awful about it, I actually think I swore at her more than once, and I stunned the whole yard into silence! It's just not me, I dont do confrontation, esp with friends. But this is my baby.

She said she thought she was helping, and was sorry she'd made me feel this way. She denied most of the things then when I gave her examples she went the other way and said she'd just stop sharing with me. I told her thats not what I wanted, but, just stop looking down on me. I may know f*ck all about f*ck all but I got him this far, hell I got him born, when it looked like nature was trying to get rid, for crying out loud.

She was very upset, and applogised profusley (sp). She insisted that she was really only trying to help. With Josie being 2 fields away and having to trudge up and down to her twice a day, she didn't think I'd have the time. As for the way she's been speakign to me, she said she gets carried away. Her horses are all she's got and gets possesive of them, but, rightly he is mine.

We have agreed that we will share both mornings and evenings. I have made a pact with myself to make the most of the time youngest is at nursey, and spent propper time with D on my own.

I feel like I've regained control again, and I doubt after the reaction I agve her tonight she'll push it again. I do think it was a genuine mistake. Just not proud of the way I dealt with it in the end.
frown.gif

Thanks again for listening xx

ruscara

Visit site
Well, your feelings had been bottled up for a while, and her remark was just the final straw. At least you had your say, and got your message across with hopefully no lasting damage done.
I wouldn't feel too bad about how you did it in the end. Your friend has now seen how her attitude has been affecting you, and the strength of your reaction will have brought it home to her better than a letter and a 'polite' chat would have done.
All's well that ends well. Enjoy your baby!
smile.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
You got a result didnt you? from the sounds of things I think she probably asked for it, me, I would have blown a fuse long ago.
It's all dealt with now, all in the open. Enjoy!

sojeph

Visit site
Oh well done. That is exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me. I bottle things up and go out of my way to avoid confrontation until I'm cornered - then I explode!! Then feel like [****]!!LOL!!
Glad all is out in the open now tho. Maybe now you'll both be able to get the most out of the situation. Really, some people just are so self UNaware and need telling from time to time.

S_N

Visit site
Oh Lenny - I totally understand you feeling bad about this!! I am exactly the same as you......things nag and nag at me and then finally I blow and it ain't pretty and I always feel bad afterwards. However, in this situation, look on the bright side, you totally stood up for yourself (big pat on you back) and I doubt she will try anything on again, without first discussing it with you. In the long term, this could well have been the making of your friendship and D's upbringing!!! On the whole - WELL DONE YOU!!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh well done. That is exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me. I bottle things up and go out of my way to avoid confrontation until I'm cornered - then I explode!! Then feel like [****]!!LOL!!
Glad all is out in the open now tho. Maybe now you'll both be able to get the most out of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too - that's what I just said...... BUT

[ QUOTE ]
Really, some people just are so self UNaware and need telling from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is also me, though it upsets me terribly that I can be like this.......

Gingernags

Visit site
I wouldn't feel bad, TBH she has been doing things, she has been saying things, that have affected you. Had she not said and not done, none of this would have happened now would it?

So the way you REacted was in direct response to HER so therefore you weren't really in the wrong.

Don't worry about it and fresh start again tomorrow.

And well done for standing up for yourself!

lennysmith

Visit site
Thankies guys. I do feel better I've spoken to her. I am sure it will have worked. I rmemeber screaming at her that I'm fed up of being walked all over, and looked down on. Now's the time it stops!! And I so bloomin meant it. I have been SO lucky this past year. I now have the 2 horses of my dreams and NOONE is going to ruin that for me. So they all better get out of the way (grr)!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
The problem may not have been sorted out as you planned but at least it is sorted out. From what you say your outburst was totally out of character & therefore would have been taken very seriously by all who heard it. It obviously showed her & others that you had had enough & you were drawing the line. She now realises how much she has upset you. There may be an air for a while after this but hopefully it should disappear & things return to a more comfortable footing soon. Well done, this needed doing.
ooo.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Sorry hun,but LMAO!! You sound so much more positive today...and I think,IMHO, that she got what was coming to her to be honest.
To bevso bloody rude about how you were looking after YOUR bloomin horse just wasn't on...Grrrr!
wink.gif

Bethxx

mandy4727

Visit site
Well done you. You may not have wanted it to turn out that way. But you got the result you wanted with. Perhaps that was what it needed. I am not confrontational (sp) either but when I see red - i see RED!!!. Enjoy D. He's fantastic!!!!!!!!!! And so is J.

_jetset_

Visit site
I am glad you have sorted it out... I have just got back from my holidays so have missed quite a bit but from what I have read it seems you have now sorted it. It's awful when things go wrong, it makes you dread the yard!

Hope everything is ok with your two.

Rebecca x

lennysmith

Visit site
Hehe I'm sitting here sniggering at my last post!! It's so unlike me to even raise my voice, I'm a propper crier. I go home and share it with my pillow. I cried so much last night.

Shouting about something has really got it out. I feel I need to be doing it more often! Now, who needs telling off??....

lennysmith

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
glad its all sorted ,even if its not the way you expected.

PMSL i bet you won't have anyone messing with you at the yard for a while!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell you what, even if it just serves that purpose it'll be well worth it!!

harvgj19

Visit site
Woohooo!

Way to go Josiejo!!!

At least it is all out in the open now. She now realises she upset you, and instead of yelling back at you, you have now come to a sensible agreement.

You will feel better for having cleared the air, despite the way in which it was done!!

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Well I actually found that quite funny (have you noticed my typing is better tonight, I decided to give the painkillers a miss
grin.gif
). I think she got what was coming to her really.

If she can't even put his head collar on the right way up what is SHE telling YOU off for?

Glad you have had your say anyway and hopefully now she will have a bit more respect for you and your baby. Well done!
laugh.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I've got to say it..................I think it was bloody brilliant because there won't be one person on that yard that can be in any doubt that you say what you mean especially where your horses are concerned!

It might not have come out the way you wanted it to, but boy, did you make an impression and that will stick in everyone's mind. This will give you so much confidence it will surprise you! Your friend might feel a bit bruised by the experience but I'm sure a coffee and cake - and a laugh - together in the morning will go a long way to prove there aren't any hard feelings.

Well done, Lenny, sleep well tonight!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well done you!! It's never easy being in positions like this - and you really stuck up for yourself.

I do think that this relationship is ultimately doomed though - and personally I would cut ties now, and just do the little man yourself.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear - and it is obviously purely my thoughts only.
crazy.gif

laug171

New User
Visit site
Glad you got it all sorted with jo. Shes not one to not listen to you when you have a problem. Hope you and horses are ok xx

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
'you didn't need to do it, I dont appreciate interferance, you could have just told me how to do it.'

[/ QUOTE ]

My jaw clunked onto the keyboard when I read that!! I don't blame you at all for getting cross, and I'm very pleased you and she have sorted things out.
I hate confrontation too, but when it happens... erm... you know the 'howlers' in Harry Potter...?
smile.gif