Moan about yards!

M

madabout2

Leaving yard after 7 years and am collecting together my stuff! ARRGH the trauma. Now I am happy to leave the odd head collar and bog standard stuff etc and after 7 years we have taken a lot of things up there and can't expcect to find everything... but to be told sorry can't find any headcollars that are yours when I can see my leather one on YO horse and a very nice silver/grey one bought at hickstead this summer on another horse ... my KN bit has gone, as have 2 mark todd neck covers and a hardly used Taka rug - not to mention stubbben (!!) stirrup irons and jaguar leathers. Wouldn't mind if these were on view but we put our things in individual lockers and drawers. Also went to look for my show numnahs and bandages as off to competition tomorrow - previously had 7 (I know excessive but ...) white squares - down to three and all dirty and my banadages have been used and put back unwashed.
And very petty the final straw was when i came to wash the horse to discover all my shampoo etc has been used up and this new groom said "oh was that your stuff we thought you'd taken everything off the yard as your leaving!" Now I'm not leaving for a month (well I wasn't until today - now negotiating moving on Monday!!)

Am I being petty ... (oh and my stuff is named in florescent or permanent marker!! But seems that can be named over)

Bri

Visit site
Not at all I would be absolutely fuming.

Go round and take everything you think is yours especially your headcollars! No wonder your leaving!!

pixie

Visit site
I agree, take back whatever is yours! If its on a horse then chuck it back in the stable/field and take your stuff back. There's absolutely no way I would let people use my stuff like that, and if I were to ever borrow something I'd put it back in the condition I found it! You know what's yours. Perhaps take the time to label things before you move to your next yard.

miss_bird

Visit site
It does not sound petty at all, we all work hard to be able to buy quality stuff for our horse's. Do you owe the YO any money if so i would withhold it, i would then hand her a comprehensive list of all the stuff that had gone missing, with a total at the bottoms and anounce you will pay her bill when she finds, replaces or pays for all your stuff.
This sounds nasty but it will show her she cannot just take stuff you have worked hard for.
I done this at a yard i left, YO had got my boyfriend out do fix electrics that had blown (3 hours he was there) she expected not to pay so when i left 3 weeks later, i did not pay my bill, she was a bit surprised but she knew and we still get on fine, it is just a case of not letting them walk all over you

not_with_it

Visit site
Not petty at all. I would collect ALL your things even if they are on a horse. Its not fair that you work hard to buy nice things just for someone else to nick them. Its thieft!

M

madabout2

that's the annoting thing I thought I had labelled everything - with permanent marker! but you can't easily label stirrup leathers and irons nor a bit! The numnahs have my name underneath so with out going through everyones stuff I can't findthem and the headcollars were the only ones like it!

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
If it's yours its YOURS take it all back be it on a horse or not...also if its damaged send a bill for it! I had this at my old yard, one of my rugs went missing and I saw it ripped to shreds in another horses field.

I found putting blobs of sudo cream on the inside of my rugs and things helped identify my things.......all you would see is horses walking around with white blobs on them
grin.gif

Vix1978

Visit site
We've just given our notice in to the yard and they have got really nasty about everything - feels like there is going to be an atmosphere or stand-up rows for the next week. Whatever happened to putting the customer first....

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
That's terrible !! I would take as much as you possibly can which is yours. If anything else is missing I would write a list and deduct that from your final bill. If you have fully paid up, ie. no bill, I would write YO a list of missing items in a letter requesting them to be returned........... hope the next month is not too unbearable.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Have experiences this a lot with yards! Last year we were having a transition between YM's (we didnt even move yards just stables and a new manager came!) we were on holiday while it happened, we didnt move tack boxes or anything just one YM left and another arrived. So how how how did 3rugs go missing? i'll never know, reckon old YM has taken them with them!

old_girl

Visit site

It's annoying when people nick stuff isn't it.

I bought some new flyspray in June, it was really expensive stuff but decided to grin and bear the cost because horseflies were driving my girl bananas.

one week later 3/4 of the bottle had gone. I was fuming. I ended up having to hide the bottle inside my wellies after that, but I knew people had been in my stable hunting for it because everything had moved from where I left it.

People also used to put their horses inside my (clean) stable while they mucked out, and then not pick up poos/wee after them. That made me really cross.