Moan, Moan, Moan!!!

Madam_max

Visit site
As some of you know Corroy was having a phantom pregnancy. I took her off the Regumate, so the poor love doesn't know whether she is having a foal or coming into season. It's been so bad she had had milk down her legs!!! But she is so bone idle to ride in the school and I really don't want to get into having to boot her round. She's OK hacking. I purposely havn't done much schooling at all with her this summer and have kept her fit by hacking. It's almost as if she goes in there are thinks 'oh boring'. She is very willing, will do everything I ask, she's not even argumentive with me, it's just too much effort to use any impulsion.

On top of that I now have to keep her in until Thursday as her feet have got so bad she will do some serious damage to it.

I am really at a loss!!! She's not in pain, in fact she's working really nice and soft, but just lazy!!!

Do you think I should get her blood tested?

I have loads of comps in a few weeks, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle at the mo.

Thanks for getting this far!!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
On top of that I now have to keep her in until Thursday as her feet have got so bad she will do some serious damage to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't understand. Does she need trimming?? I would still put her out.

Poor old girl. Is she 100% not pregnant??

Madam_max

Visit site
No, it's been so dry here, one foot has spit and cracked and two clenches have come out and if she rips it off she will prob take half her foot with her.

seabiscuit

Visit site
I would definately have her blood tested! Sounds very much like a virus. Either way I would wack her on a large dose of BMax and ecchinachea

Madam_max

Visit site
What's BMax? Ha, ha. Shall I bother the lovely Stable Close.
smirk.gif

katelarge

Visit site
There is a virus doing the rounds round our way, so for your own peace of mind as much as anything else I'd get the vet out. Really a sort of general checkup might be good, yes to blood, but also have them give her a sort of general check just in case there is something you might be missing. They might also have some ideas for you on the phantom pregnancy, if she is persistently producing milk it's worth keeping an eye out for mastitis too apparently (mare-owning mate does this). Poor her, I do feel for you both!

airedale

Visit site
Sounds like she needs Vit B supplement - try Haemavite B Plus or Red Cell

Agree with the blood test as well..

General anti-biotic to feed if off colour is always lots of garlic as well.

seabiscuit

Visit site
B max- a B vitamin supplement! Anything with IRon in it and B vits.. might be worth giving stable close a call! Alex is good on these things!

LoneRanger

Visit site
Use Life Data's hoof disinfectant on her feet, it works miracles. The theory goes that bacteria get into the nail holes in the feet (from previous shoeings) and break the feet down making them crack and crumble. I've been painting the hoof disinfectant on religiously every day making sure it goes into all the cracks. The difference is unbelievable. Obviously it won't heal the cracks that are already there but it'll stop them from progressing and will generally strengthen the feet. My blacksmith can't believe the difference.

vicster

Visit site
I would get her blood tested just to be on the safe side. If there is a virus then the vet will sort it. If she is just lacking in energy they might suggest that you put her some Biotin which is apparently very good and gives a little extra kick of energy. GOOD LUCK though
smile.gif