Mobile field shelters

SueAllen

Visit site
Have decided to splash out and buy Neddy a field shelter (rather than wait a couple of decades for hubby to build one!!) Needs to be the mobile type as can't get PP for a fixed one. Have any of you got any tips about what to go for or what to avoid? Any experience of actually moving the mobile ones? How easy is it? It's only for the one horse although I'd like it to be big enough for two (who knows what might happen in the future!!!?) so what sort of size would you recommend? Any companies you could recommend or not? Thanks again for letting me pick your collective brains!!
smile.gif

airedale

Visit site
I've got a Redmire double (24 x 12) and have had it for 5 years now. Never needed to move it (the idea was that if I got it and it stayed in same place for 5 years then I'd get a CLEUD for it if the council ever got stroppy !!)

It looks as good as new now and the metal parts have still got original paint on them and not rusty. Came with substantial welded eye holes at both ends of the frame and they supplie a substantial chain and screw bolts to attach to the eyeholes when required and then remove afterwards

don't forget that whilst a mobile shelter cannot be connected to a mains supply of any services - that doesn't stop you fitting it with a solar panel and 12v light inside.

The Redmire I have is divided centrally into two to stabilise the 24ft length - so you end up with 2 'stables' anyway.

I also bought some heavy rubber mats to use inside and the planners cannot object to those either as you can move them with the unit as the mats are not a permanent floor.

ClareMc

Visit site
I have a mobile field shelter similar to the Redmire one, got mine from National Stables in Kent.

I don't know why I bothered as my little bu**ers never go in there in the rain, wind etc. The closest they get is to stand under the canopy at the front.

Have never moved in and don't really intend to.

pottamus

Visit site
I have a mobile field stable (same as a shelter but with stable doors on and windows). I have a double one and have one for my horse and use the other for storing my hay as I have no other stables. I got mine from LLoyds Acre in Redditch and they are fantastic. Do a search on the name in google and they come up. I have not moved mine and have had it over a year now. I will move it if I am asked to but otherwise will not as it will be a nightmare to empty etc. You will need a tractor though and good ground conditions. I would recommend you put rubber mats in the bottom as flooring as this is what I do and it works really well with his shavings bed on top.