Mobile field shelters

Fjord

Visit site
How do you move a mobile field shelter? Do you tow them? Do you need a tractor or can you use a car?

I'm looking at the possibility of getting one but have absolutely no idea about the logistics!

White Horse2

Visit site
Pulled mine with OH mini digger, 12x24, fully lined, overhang, on steel skids, biggest problem was how to attach the straps

cauda equina

Visit site
I used to move mine (12 x 24) with my Disco but it broke the diff, now a neighbour does it with his tractor
It's on metal skids and there are loops on the frame at each corner to bolt the straps on to

tda

Visit site
Ours is on metal skids and we've moved it down a slope and round a corner and back up a slope, it's still in one piece surprisingly. We used a tractor

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
It depends on the size/weight of the shelter, terrain of the field and on gradients and surface conditions. We were going to use either a tractor or Land Rover 110 to move ours but never got the chance thanks to Eunice. I'd also check on your local planning authority rules: some are happy that the shelter is on skids and never check if you move it, some stipulate that it cannot go onto a non-permeable or crushed lime/hardcore base, some demand that it state to be mobile if connected to power and water (and so needs PP) and some insist that the shelter needs to be moved on a stipulated basis (ie monthly or bi-annually). How often it needs to be move may impact on what you need to move it.

Fjord

Visit site
I'd only want to move it twice a year, so planning permission is something to find out about. I'd also have to find out if the farmer would move it for me if it needs a tractor.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
I'd only want to move it twice a year, so planning permission is something to find out about. I'd also have to find out if the farmer would move it for me if it needs a tractor.
Definitely check with your local planning authority as to what their rules are regarding mobile field shelters for the location you want to have one - the rules are so variable across the country.