Monogamy, polygamy and infidelity...

When would you back her?

• Total voters

Weezy

Visit site
Other

there are good instructors for each individual problem that needs working on

I also swear by clinics and being able to implement the teachings of different instructos

TBH my fave trainer was my old boss Dick Johnson, bt I have NO idea where he is these days - but he always knew how to make me ride well!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Wouldn't that make you polygamous then?
I find different perspectives very valuable. BOF would disown me if he knew!!!
shocked.gif

Weezy

Visit site
I dont know what it makes me TBH LOL! I dont flit as such, I just keep looking for new ideas and instruction BUT if I could locate Dick (no jokes please) then I would gladly have him train me again even tho he isnt everyones cup of tea he and I worked well together!

I am also desperate to have a few days with Tim Stockdale in the New Year too!

amage

Visit site
i have one who is unreal for my confidence, one who does wonders for my position, one who has taught me about producing a horse and engaging it properly and one who with my own mare in particular has been unbelievable in helping me learn to ride her. my best friend is an unreal jockey and he backs up all the teachings of the others. he's my eyes on the ground when they're not there and i do the same for him. i think you can learn from a team of people if you open you're mind to their teaching. when i was preparing for the rds they all came together and each focused on a different aspect and it was invaluable

teapot

Visit site
I ride mainly 9 times out of 10 at a riding school so have really got the choice of about 5 or 6 instructors.

However, because I'm a long term client, ex staff member etc I seem to get away with asking for one in particular and 9 times out of 10 I'll get her teaching me. And if I don't get Clare - I tend to get either the chief instruc or yard manager who are both fantastic but for differing reasons.

Clare - makes me ride to a certain standard and if I'm riding badly she'll tell me it's crap and make me do it again. Plus she's very good about cheering me up, making me realise that I'm not as rubbish as I am and very quick to say we all struggle, it's not just you etc

C.I - is very very good for flat work, picks up on stuff from miles away and always has loads of different exercises to do. Also gives praise when it's due so getting a compliment from her - you know you're doing ok

Y.M - gives me a kick up the arse, whacks the jumps up big and tells me to get on with it.

Because I'm known up there, my feelings are also known about you get what you pay for - hence why I'd be narked if I found out that for my £40 I would be being taught by someone who's only just qualified/doesn't know me/has been at the yard a week etc.

Yes it's stereotypical but I'm a paying client and I'm paying for the wealth of the knowledge and experience that the main 3 instructors have. I'm not saying that the new ones/younger ones arn't good but I know full well that I'd get more from a lesson with someone who's been teaching me years