Monthly subscription box for horses

missmare

Visit site
Does any one no of a good monthly subscription box for you and your horse that doesn’t cost an arm and leg 😂 there seems so be
Tons of well priced ones in the US but only really expensive ones in the U.K.

What ones have you used and are they worth it?

Thanks! 🙏🏻

Baroque

Visit site
I was given a three month subscription to My Horse Box and just received my last one a couple of weeks ago. I'd not go to the expense for myself but must confess that it felt a bit like Christmas every time a box arrived!

You never know what will be in each box but it's always been quality items. The December box had a horsey infinity scarf, a cool hat, treats for horses, a soft face grooming brush and a shampoo. November's box had, among other things, a pair of wonderful thermal tights which I've had a lot of use for during the recent weather! There's been shampoos, brushes, tack cleaning products, herbal supplements...the list goes on. So, as said, I can't really imagine buying myself a subscription but I shall be delighted should another one find its way to me as a gift.

WelshD

Visit site
What the deuce is a subscription box?

You pay a subscription and monthly a box of goodies arrives, you don't know what you'll get but apparently the contents are value for money

The ones I've seen have been filled with cheapo stuff nowhere near the advertised value but as clearly not everyone has had a rubbish one there are obviously some better than others

WelshD

Visit site
Huh. Sounds like a money making scheme to me. I'll stick to buying what I need as and when I actually need it.

Agree. Logic says that buying in items then repackaging them in a fancy logo box and paying postage on it doesn't bode well with regards to value for money!

missmare

Visit site
Well if you guys thinks it’s a waste of money then that’s fine �� but for me I would still like to try one out I think it would be a nice surprise to get horsey things once a month I already do the pink parcel which is deffo Worth it for me

Obv if you have never done a monthly box then please don’t reply as I’m not really asking if you think it’s a waste of money or not

Thanks..

Last edited:

Shay

Visit site
They are not good value for money in the long term. But they are lovely fun for a short time as a gift. After a while the number of treats, face brushes and infinity scarves (Whatever that is) builds up. As a half way house you could try something like the nettex try it club which gives you discounted promotional offers every month. At least you only spend money on things you'll actually try.

Nancykitt

Wester Ross, the beautiful NW coast of Scotland
Visit site
I think that most companies who do the boxes pretty much guarantee that the contents (at RRP) would come to more than the cost paid for the subscription. And you can certainly get some excellent things in the box. Downsides are that the best ones (apparently My Horse Box is very good) are expensive and you run the risk of getting stuff you definitely don't want. As a three-month subscription it seems like a nice thing to have!

popsdosh

Visit site
Well if you guys thinks it’s a waste of money then that’s fine �� but for me I would still like to try one out I think it would be a nice surprise to get horsey things once a month I already do the pink parcel which is deffo Worth it for me

Obv if you have never done a monthly box then please don’t reply as I’m not really asking if you think it’s a waste of money or not

Thanks..

Why jump on posters for answering the very question you asked in the OP . To me surely you buy what you need when you need it for your horse? ,certainly your horse wont be getting any benefit out of them but each to their own! Just a heads up if somebody wasnt making a good profit out of them they wouldnt be doing it. As said before fine as a quirky gift for those who dont know what to buy for a horsey person,

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Why jump on posters for answering the very question you asked in the OP .

Can't see where she asked anyone who's never bought or received one to tell her she shouldn't buy one at all, PD?

Typical of HHO, though, answering a question the poster never asked and then getting irritated when they don't want the advice they've never asked for :D

OP I can see the attraction of getting a surprise box every month.

HashRouge

Visit site
Can't see where she asked anyone who's never bought or received one to tell her she shouldn't buy one at all, PD?

Typical of HHO, though, answering a question the poster never asked and then getting irritated when they don't want the advice they've never asked for :D

I was going to say exactly the same thing! I've never had one but I can see the appeal of trying it for a few months. I looked on the My Horse Box website and they say that the products they send each month have a guaranteed RRP of over £50, but the box costs £34.99 or less depending on what subscription you have. So it looks like a fun way of trying out some new products at a reduced cost. OP if the My Horse Box one is a bit expensive for you, why not ask for a three month subscription for your birthday?

popsdosh

Visit site

'What ones have you used and are they worth it?'

Just because you havent had one doesnt mean you dont have views on their worth.
Im surprised you have issues with uncalled for comments made me :)

Last edited:

VRIN

Visit site
If nothing else this thead is a good advert for the boxes - I had never heard of them before and just went off to have a look ....

Skewbaldbow

Visit site
Does any one no of a good monthly subscription box for you and your horse that doesn’t cost an arm and leg 😂 there seems so be
Tons of well priced ones in the US but only really expensive ones in the U.K.

What ones have you used and are they worth it?

Thanks! 🙏🏻

I’ve had both the ones that I could find in the UK; My Horse Box (34.99) and The Stable Box (39.99). The stable box is £5 more expensive but tbh out of the two it’s the one I preferred... you get a good selection of stuff in each but I found The stable box one I have used more of the products I got in it... the few My Horse Boxes I’ve had have had a lot of showing grooming products in them and I’m not much of a shower! But it varies every month and they have a different theme as well every month so it just luck of the draw what you get but I do love the surprise and suspense of getting them and opening them! It’s fun getting a parcel you don’t know what is in it!

I wouldn’t get them every month but every now and then it’s nice to treat myself to one just for the fun of getting a random box of horse goodies 😊

missmare

Visit site
I think that most companies who do the boxes pretty much guarantee that the contents (at RRP) would come to more than the cost paid for the subscription. And you can certainly get some excellent things in the box. Downsides are that the best ones (apparently My Horse Box is very good) are expensive and you run the risk of getting stuff you definitely don't want. As a three-month subscription it seems like a nice thing to have!

Although I don’t want to do it every single month I definitely wanted to try the 3 month one :)
I will look into the my Horse box
Thanks!

missmare

Visit site
Why jump on posters for answering the very question you asked in the OP . To me surely you buy what you need when you need it for your horse? ,certainly your horse wont be getting any benefit out of them but each to their own! Just a heads up if somebody wasnt making a good profit out of them they wouldnt be doing it. As said before fine as a quirky gift for those who dont know what to buy for a horsey person,

I’m not trying to be rude to them but I didn’t ask people that have never had a subscription box about there opinions tho :S if they thinks it’s a waste then that’s fine but why bother telling me that
Just seems a waste of time for them to reply to a question I didn’t ask

I just wanted to look into a 3 month subscription to try new products that i probably would never thought of buying

missmare

Visit site
I’ve had both the ones that I could find in the UK; My Horse Box (34.99) and The Stable Box (39.99). The stable box is £5 more expensive but tbh out of the two it’s the one I preferred... you get a good selection of stuff in each but I found The stable box one I have used more of the products I got in it... the few My Horse Boxes I’ve had have had a lot of showing grooming products in them and I’m not much of a shower! But it varies every month and they have a different theme as well every month so it just luck of the draw what you get but I do love the surprise and suspense of getting them and opening them! It’s fun getting a parcel you don’t know what is in it!

I wouldn’t get them every month but every now and then it’s nice to treat myself to one just for the fun of getting a random box of horse goodies ��

I definitely would t be able to afford one every month :) but I would love to try maybe a 3 month one
Would be nice to get different item that maybe I would off never of brought myself :)
Will deffo look into the stable box one maybe it would be worth just going for an expensive one then

Thanks!

missmare

Visit site
Sadly I don’t have a disposable income but I figured I could treat myself to one since I never buy myself anything :O
I no a lot of them do the subscription for three months wouldn’t mind doing that :)

Never heard of a gin one tho :,D

McFluff

Visit site
I've never used a horse one - until this thread didn't even know such a thing exsisted, but have had gifts of beauty and chocolate ones. They do tend to be good 'value' on a RRP basis, as the products are provided as part of the manufacturers marketing plan - get people using and talking about your product. However, 'value' is more than RRP, so the risk is that you get stuff that you don't need or want. You can always keep those things and give to others as a gift though, so not all lost. It really depends on how you are wired, and if you like trying out lots of new things, then I can see that it would be a good fun thing to do.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It's Boolean logic, PD.

The question is AND, not OR. In other words, you have to have used one in order to answer the second half of the question in the way the OP intended. There was no call for the slap on the wrist you gave her.

OP I'm glad you posted, I had no idea they existed. I might be dropping some very heavy hints before Christmas next year :)

missmare

Visit site
It's Boolean logic, PD.

The question is AND, not OR. In other words, you have to have used one in order to answer the second half of the question in the way the OP intended. There was no call for the slap on the wrist you gave her.

OP I'm glad you posted, I had no idea they existed. I might be dropping some very heavy hints before Christmas next year :)

Your welcome:) thank you from replying! Not entirely sure what the persons problem is tho �� they look really fun to do :) I might see if I can drop some hints for my birthday ��

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
I don't have a problem - I genuinely didn't know what the deuce they were and was curious in case I might like them. Now that I do know what they are, I happen to that think they're a pointless waste of money, ergo my answer regarding which ones are good value is "none of them", which does in fact answer the OP's question, just not in the way that they may have hoped. Such is life.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I hadn't heard of these but having taken a look at the websites they look good fun and I wouldn't complain if I got one for Xmas. If there's stuff I don't want I'm sure it could be regifted :)

popsdosh

Visit site
Your welcome:) thank you from replying! Not entirely sure what the persons problem is tho �� they look really fun to do :) I might see if I can drop some hints for my birthday ��

If thats aimed at me , I will point out you made a back hand comment about you didnt wish to hear negative answers ,you dont have to have received one to have a view on whether you would pay for one or not. some people enjoy that sort of thing others dont but on a public forum we are still able to reply you cant just pick the replies you like . Just ignore the ones you dont rather than criticise those who make them.