Monty Python dressage

tuscanyD

Visit site
After watching The holy grail for the umpteenth time last night have decided that next dressage test will be just me and a couple of coconuts to bang together. Mare can put her feet up and read Sunday papers while I perform my test - will probably get better marks.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
PMSL, I love that film!
grin.gif
There is a very funny video somewhere of people doing dressage, I got it sent to me in an email. Will see if I can find it.

Moggy

Visit site
Im with you on that one! Not sure about my medium canter though, may need a sit down and a large vodka half way round

tuscanyD

Visit site
That's a great clip - I've seen it recently - must have been here?

Ooh leads me on to a question - how much of a sense of humour do dressage riders have?

They do seem to take themselves terribly seriously [i@m rubbish and obviously dont take myself seriously at all - maybe thats why I'm rubbish?]

So if you ran a dressage comp and some wag turned up when number called- all kitted out but sans horse and just a couple of coconuts. Would you let them do the test?

Accy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

So if you ran a dressage comp and some wag turned up when number called- all kitted out but sans horse and just a couple of coconuts. Would you let them do the test?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> Yes as it would just be to funny not to
grin.gif
</font>

tuscanyD

Visit site
You'd have to enter your horses name as 'Coconut' wouldn't you. And you'd have to do it completely straight faced.

Providing the steward actually let you into the arena!

I wish I had the balls - does anyone else? Do you think the judge would see the funny side?

SueAllen

Visit site
Sadly no - having written for a few, even the more... errr... human ones, would be beeping their horns or ringing their little bells or whatever and getting off their backsides to shout at you!

Shame though, what a brilliant sight it would be! Just think how funny any extended strides would be - think Ministry of Silly Walks!