Monty Roberts

brightmount

Visit site
I've seen his demos twice at Hadlow College. I have massive respect for him, and he is a great entertainer, you'll have a brill time!

If you've got any of his books take them along as he signs anything like that, and he allows you to take your picture with him. Great guy
smile.gif

sorona

Visit site
I saw him last year and it was very interesting. I would recommend you take something comfortable to sit on, a blanket to put over your legs and wear warm clothing and gloves and take a hot flask with you too as I was so cold I was physically shuddering as you sit still for so lomg. They have a break in the middle for food and drink. You could tell the people who had been before as they came very prepared!
Have to admit though that one lovely pony who would not allow a rider on her was backed and ridden roudn without bucking on the evening but I had since heard that it had to be sold on as it was still unrideable and a huge horse that had trouble loading was loaded with the use of the barries but when the barriers were removed, it tanked off taking Monty some of the distance with him before scatering the spectators and nearly leaving the huge indoor school so i wasnt totally convinced!

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Went to see him last week at Hull and really enjoyed it. He was very entertaining.

Ditto the advice on taking a warm blanket and clothes and a flask is a good idea. Although if you take a jar of hot choccie with you.....make sure it has some in it, not like my sister who opened it to find only half a tsp left!
shocked.gif

miamibear

Visit site
No way - was that at Bishop Burton? I was there!! It was brill, liked the spooky horse very much but not his spookiness
grin.gif

And the loader at the end was so sweet, brough tears to my eyes!!