Monument Valley

gina2201

Visit site
I am fortunate enough to be travelling across America next month over 4 weeks, part of that will be travelling through and to see Monument Valley.

Keen to do a trail ride here but wondering if anyone can help with who to go with? I will also be with 3 other people who are not experienced riders though.

Thank you!

Also keen to hear about what to see/do in Lexington - perhaps Keeneland?
And also in Dallas (going to see Southfork Ranch/Dallas TV set) but any tack shops etc as a must visit?!

Last edited:

hobo

Visit site
Can not recommend a trail ride for that area but you will find one I am sure.

Lexington is fab, Keeneland yes, Kentucky Horse Park yes.

Southfork great fun well worth it.

Tack shops we usually just fall on them but they are quite good at advertising on the side of the road. Talk to everyone they love hearing our accent and are very welcoming. Going in tack shops read the small adds and you will find out things that are on like Rodeo's and horse shows. Google some of the area's you are going through and see if any of the state fairs are on which have something for everyone to see.

You will have a fantastic time get on the road early and be at any attractions when they open before they get busy or hot. You should be able to do 800- 1000 mile a week with plenty of time to do and see things but do not speed the roads may be empty but the police pop out everywhere!