*mope* Decided Chloe should go back....

truffles

Visit site
*phew* okay lol...I cannot believe it. Really thought she was going to be perfect etc...but combined with her recent lameness and the worry it might return (she has been lame 3 times in the same leg in 4 months) and the fact she just isn't happy, I feel it only fair on her to give her back.

The worst thing though is that she is a complete sweetie - she has put up with me fantasically, but I'm sure she could do so much better with somebody else, and where she can be turned out all day. It's not really fair on her, plus she can't be turned out all day until march, and she is an outdoor pony and hates being rugged up and kept in a stable. I've just realised today that she is completely different to when I rode her at the owners place - obviously she is in a new place, but she knows the routine now (i.e banging at mealtimes etc..) and she has been hacked dozens of times but just seems slightly more nervy etc... Even Dan her groom who is a speed demon (think piercings and highlights..you get the idea
tongue.gif
) asked me today if she always went loony when hacking in company! I hacked her out with another horse at the owners place and she was a star - I just don't think that big noisy livery yard is for her.
frown.gif

Completely sucks, I feel so awful that I've mucked her up - sorry to moan, this will seem so selfish when people have complained less about their horses being PTS. I just can't believe it, as I always said to myself, " ohhh she'll be fine, she'll settle" etc...but it just isn't working. I will miss her like hell though, she is very comical and has made me laugh so many times but the disadvantages have outweighed the advantages. Really sorry to moan, just feel so bummed as I was just really getting to know her and I convinced myself that we would be charging round xc having an amazing time but it is impossible with her.

Thanks for listening, just need to get it out.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Sounds to me you made a very brave and unselfish decision. If she wasn't going to fit in with your lifestyle it would have always been tricky for you. Hopefully she will find a nice home where she can live out and be kept quiet and you can find a horse that really thrives on the busy yard with lots going on.....Chin up
smile.gif

truffles

Visit site
Thanks - she completely deserves it - one of the sweetest horses I have ever met.
Seems so pathetic but I'm in tears!
crazy.gif

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A very mature and informed decision

The right one will be out there for you, don't give up hope

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm thank you - I just had to make sure I was doing it for her not me. No way will I give up hope lol!

EllieBeast

Visit site
Well done for your brave and informed decision, i would have done the same thing in your situation (and my pony sounds very similar with regards to the turnout issue).
good luck with your continued search, and i also wish chloe luck, she sounds like a right little star.

sunflower

Visit site
(((hugs))) really sorry to hear that but sounds like it is the right thing to do for both of you. I'm sure you will find the perfect horse soon.

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done for your brave and informed decision, i would have done the same thing in your situation (and my pony sounds very similar with regards to the turnout issue).
good luck with your continued search, and i also wish chloe luck, she sounds like a right little star.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phheww, glad I'm not going mad! She is a complete star that why I was even more gutted that we didn't really click.

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
(((hugs))) really sorry to hear that but sounds like it is the right thing to do for both of you. I'm sure you will find the perfect horse soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks sunflower, I really hope I am doing the right thing - I think I kind of knew I was going to have to give her back - every single person including two vets said I should, but my stubborn mind got the better of me, although not for long lol.

EllieBeast

Visit site
But there would be no point in keeping her if you duidnt 'click' would there? when i tried my mare out it was a complete disaster but i still seemed to make a connection, i have now had her for nearly 5 years and could never part with her. you will definately know when you find the right one.
what kind of horse are you looking for? ( i think you pm'd me about it a few months back, but i am super forgetful)
LW

truffles

Visit site
I'm looking for a 14.3 - 15.2hh gelding/mare, 100% out hacking but generally to go hunting, hunter trialing, anything I can fit in to do!!
smile.gif
Not fussed at all really lol

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear your news - best to make the decision now though x

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thank god I am otherwise it would be even harder (although I would still do it) because I have (slowly) got quite attatched to her and her quirks.

GTs

Visit site
I am pleased to hear you came to this conclusion - I never wanted to say too much to you as I knew you were hoping against hope that she would be the one. But look on the bright side, there is a horse out there who is perfect, and just looking for his new mummy!

Tia

Visit site
Aww don't feel bad - it happens. Hopefully you will both find another companion who is better suited to both of your needs. This is probably best for both of you.

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am pleased to hear you came to this conclusion - I never wanted to say too much to you as I knew you were hoping against hope that she would be the one. But look on the bright side, there is a horse out there who is perfect, and just looking for his new mummy!

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe lol thanks Iain - I hope one is out there! I will settle for Stella or Clarita though.
grin.gif

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Aww don't feel bad - it happens. Hopefully you will both find another companion who is better suited to both of your needs. This is probably best for both of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so - trying hard not to feel sucky, but I will miss her!

Visit site
awww, I know you will be sad hun but it sounds like you are doing the right thing. Chin up hun and good luck with finding your perfect horse. Chloe will thank you for it too as you are thinking of her needs. Good luck with finding her a new home. xxx