More Badminton Withdrawals!!

Whispa

Visit site
In addition to Andrew Hoy withdrawing both of his horses (gutted about this as I love watching him - he makes it look so easy), and the others mentioned over the last few days, the following horses/riders have also withdrawn:

Andrew James - Ciao Mario
Cindy Rawson (USA) Ashdale David's Way
Yoshiaki Oiwa (Japan) Fifth Avenue Fame

Hope we don't lose too many more!! As others have said, pity they don't have a wait list (I'm sure they used to do). Although didn't someone say on a previous post, that they always take a few more over what they want to run?

tigers_eye

Visit site
When I was entered (2003) I was told they accepted around 100 and hope for 80 starters or just under. I was part of the "natural wastage" that didn't run
crazy.gif
. How many are they down to now?

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
When I was entered (2003) I was told they accepted around 100 and hope for 80 starters or just under. I was part of the "natural wastage" that didn't run
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They've got 84 at the mo (if I've counted right)

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't know you went for Badders- Did you compete?

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No, the horse was written off and never evented again
frown.gif
. I was the youngest entered too - it was my lifetime ambition. Never had quite the same drive since.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to hear about the horse, what a come down that must have been. That must have been some horse though!

Thistle

Visit site
Such a shame about Andrew. He was teaching our PC today!

He is really sweet. I really hoped he would do well.

Bee had stable management with him a few weeks ago when she went to Nick Turners and he was talking about how excited that rio was going to Badminton. Hope Andrews legs is OK. Silly sod breaking it how he did!

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well ever since I was about 10 and started eventing my ambition was to be the youngest at Badminton, and I had my chance but it didn't work, and felt I've drifted ever since in a way. Make sense?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well ever since I was about 10 and started eventing my ambition was to be the youngest at Badminton, and I had my chance but it didn't work, and felt I've drifted ever since in a way. Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww
frown.gif
How old would you have been?