More Badminton withdrawals

Whispa

Visit site
William Fox-Pitt has withdrawn Idalgo now as well. Just got Balincoola running now. Was really looking forward to seeing Idalgo run, as he looked so promising at Burghley. Hope it is nothing too serious and he's fit and well again soon.

Good luck to all those competing at Badminton.

madgirl

Visit site
OO wonder why idaglo is definatly one to watch though there were soe other withdrawals too
Think yoshi (the japenese man?)
has withdrawn too!

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh thats a shame, was thinking Idalgo had a decent chance too
frown.gif

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
if not on web site i heard last week yoshi is out.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup tis on the website

Shame about WFP's ride

Bess

Visit site
I heard today that Andrew Hoy has withdrawn both his rides, Moonfleet and Master Monarch, checked on the website and it is correct. Here's the statement ;

Andrew Hoy of Australia, the reigning Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Champion sadly has had to withdraw both his fancied rides from the classic Event. Last year’s winner, Sue Magnier’s MOONFLEET has suffered a partial paralysis of his left larynx, causing him to be unable to obtain sufficient air when under a high work load. ‘ MASTER MONARCH has suffered a mild injury to his cervical cord causing a loss of stability in his limbs but this is not life threatening and he is making a remarkable recovery.’ said Andrew. He continues, ‘ Both horses are very happy and well within themselves but are unable at this point of time to be able to perform at their best, and with the horses’ welfare always of utmost importance, I have had to withdraw them both from Badminton.’ It is always sad when proven stars of the sport have to withdraw, but the level of this year’s entry is such, that taking two potential winners away from a very classy field, hots up the contest for the others.

Jiffy

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
...MOONFLEET has suffered a partial paralysis of his left larynx, causing him to be unable to obtain sufficient air when under a high work load. ‘ MASTER MONARCH has suffered a mild injury to his cervical cord causing a loss of stability in his limbs but this is not life threatening and he is making a remarkable recovery.’ said Andrew...

[/ QUOTE ]

Can somebody please explain to me about horses having two larynxes? (Or should I re-post this question in the lounge?)
blush.gif

k1963

Visit site
That's a shame . However , it will be interesting to watch & I wouldn't like to bet on the eventual winner !

Hopefully , we telly viewers might get a chance to see some of the first timers , as they generally don't get shown .

I have never been to Badminton because3 I'm 5'2'' & don't think I'd see much & am also too afraid to be let loose with a credit card in the shopping village
grin.gif

Sal_E

Visit site
To the best of my (limited) knowledge, a horse only has one L, I think the quote was supposed to say the left SIDE of the L. This problems rings bells with me as something to do with roarers...

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
ballincola might be out as well

[/ QUOTE ]

God really? We'd then be without two of the top riders in the world with no Hoy or Fox-Pitt. At least we've got Zara to keep everyone interested eh?!
smirk.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
My mum isnt going to be happy!!! She only really likes watching all the top riders! Does highlight the day I spose when a top rider comes round

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Can somebody please explain to me about horses having two larynxes? (Or should I re-post this question in the lounge?)
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What they mean is the left vocal fold, within the larynx. The folds sit in a V shape at the opening of the trachea (wind pipe) and if one stops working, esp if in the closed position, then it restricts the air flow and can make swallowng dodgy also.