More BSJA - almost starting to like it!

Elvis

Visit site
Yay, go Monty! It's so nice when we manage to ride how we know we should (ie the hooking), so well done for that. Badminton sure will look tiny after a winter jumping those heights! Monty certainly looks like he has plenty of scope to spare.
Elvis will be BS'ing this winter in prep for going Novice next event season, and we are in a similar area to you, so might see you out and about! I'd forgotten that the jump off can go up by 10cm so we'll be sticking to the 1.05 classes I think! And I'll be searching out the single phase competitions, it's quite demoralising to pay an entry fee and then only jump 7 fences because you've had a pole.

star

Visit site
Yay, go Monty! It's so nice when we manage to ride how we know we should (ie the hooking), so well done for that. Badminton sure will look tiny after a winter jumping those heights! Monty certainly looks like he has plenty of scope to spare.
Elvis will be BS'ing this winter in prep for going Novice next event season, and we are in a similar area to you, so might see you out and about! I'd forgotten that the jump off can go up by 10cm so we'll be sticking to the 1.05 classes I think! And I'll be searching out the single phase competitions, it's quite demoralising to pay an entry fee and then only jump 7 fences because you've had a pole.

He has so much scope but he is a frustrating horse to SJ as he is usually so careful and clears them all by miles but almost inevitably will have one fence down which in 2 phase means going home after 7 jumps :( Definitely searching out more single phase stuff although 12-13 fences does push the limits of my 9 fence eventers brain!