More Cleveland Bay

Rollin

Visit site
A bit of a proud mummy post. This is our home bred filly 100% Cleveland Bay, now 2years old and 15.3hh. We plan for her to have a career as an eventer. We would like to dispel the myth that only CBXTB can event!! She has a jump in her and is as fast as our Shagya Arabs.

Anyone who does Facebook, there is video footage of her full sister, posted by Marius our stable jockey, on the Cleveland Bay Open Forum. A wet day, 6 year old DD had to work hard on the sand. It demonstrates good manners and obedience.

Here is Duchess.

IMG_0513_zps7843289f.jpg

hobo

Visit site
She looks lovely good luck with her later career. I am also glad to see that she is a no smoking Cleveland!

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
I will follow her career with interest - Cleveland Bays and Eventing are my two favourite horsey things!

One of the ladies at the stud where I bought my CB talked about trying young event horse with a young stallion. I don't know if that went anywhere, I'll have to peruse the BE website.

Good luck, and do keep us posted!

Welly

Visit site
I was wondering if that was your CB on the open forum, she is lovely and very forward going a credit to you. When will we see Hattie out and about?

numptynoelle

Visit site
I'm a bit in love - she's cracking and with a gorgeous face! She looks like the kind of horse I read about as a kid and always wanted to have - the mare who would whinny when she saw you, be your best friend, and then trounce all of the local posh kids at a show when your show jacket was two sizes too small and your hair was poking out of the hairnet. (I might have read too many 'Jill' books as a child).

Please keep us updated on how she progresses!

Rollin

Visit site
I was wondering if that was your CB on the open forum, she is lovely and very forward going a credit to you. When will we see Hattie out and about?

Hattie has been out and about. She did 20kms endurance last year, is working very well in the school and we hope to get her jumping this summer. Sadly the French competition system is not as flexible as the UK for young horses and slow maturing breeds.

You know her full brother was bought by HM and got a special mention from Clare Balding when he appeared at Trooping the Colour.

Pics of Hattie here.

IMG_99982_zps2ddbb879.jpg

IMG_9813_2_zpsb4c284e9.jpg

Rollin

Visit site
I'm a bit in love - she's cracking and with a gorgeous face! She looks like the kind of horse I read about as a kid and always wanted to have - the mare who would whinny when she saw you, be your best friend, and then trounce all of the local posh kids at a show when your show jacket was two sizes too small and your hair was poking out of the hairnet. (I might have read too many 'Jill' books as a child).

Please keep us updated on how she progresses!

Noelle, I used to have those dreams too. My parents could only afford one riding lesson a week for me and I loved 'Jill' books.

Sadly I won't be jumping anything, as I am a hack happy geriatric but breeding a nice horse is is rewarding and watching someone else ride, even if I will only be cheering from the sidelines.

Welly

Visit site
She looks very well, I was looking to buy her brother but we have no facility's to have an unbroken horse, the queen and I have good taste! Did he end up at Melton Mowbray?

Rollin

Visit site
She looks very well, I was looking to buy her brother but we have no facility's to have an unbroken horse, the queen and I have good taste! Did he end up at Melton Mowbray?

Even after buying this farm we sent horses away for backing. After employing a stable jockey, we started backing at home, although we still use professional trainers in a variety of disciplines. We have a few younsters in the pipeline and will be selling our first homebreds this year.

I don't know anything about Harlequin's training, other than I think he was destined to be a carriage horse in the Royal Mews and did not grow tall enough, so was gifted by HM to the King's Troop. I am sure there is a slide show of the Garter Ceremony, carriages on the SCBC website which includes Harlequin.

An EX CBHS member had an idea that a team of CB horses should come to France with a gun carriage, to participate, in the 2014 remembrance events this side of the Channel. Previous CBHS Chair, Norma ( Holmside stud) and myself drafted a letter to the Equerry but thought nothing had come of it.

I had a great deal of enthusiasm for the project as both grandfathers were in the Horse Artillery one in India and the other fought at the Somme.

Then this video popped up on the BBC. It appears a gun carriage did come to France but without the CB's. Do you think the Officer's horse is Harlequin? I do.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29005740

Dobermonkey

Visit site
Ahh Jill books. I think my set are still in the loft at my mums. If I ever have kids they will have a Jill book before a berluddy ipad I'll tell yah!

I do love cb's a good stamp of a horse x

texascbs

Visit site
Your horses are lovely, and it is great to see the Cleveland Bay back in Europe. It has a rich history all over Europe in the 19th and early 20th century. Cleveland Bays were sort of stuck in the UK after WWI to about the 1980s, but are not for the UK only any more. They are becoming popular abroad again in North America and Australasia. I have a pure due at the end of the month near Fort Worth, Texas. Good luck to all. Texas CBs

Rollin

Visit site
Interestingly, the 2013 Shagya Arab Championships were held in Germany at an old National Stud. On their website they mention the importance of the Cleveland Bay and Yorkshire Coach horse in the German breeding programme.

I have written to their marketing manager to see if she can supply names/photos of CB's and YCH imported to Germany.

Today I am the only breeder of Cleveland Bays in Continental Europe.