Moreton (Nr Dorchester) XC Course open for schooling - This week only.

Shazzababs

Visit site
I was at their hunter trial yesterday, and they announced that the course is going to be open for schooling, for this week only (unless it rains then they will close it again).

They don't often allow people to practice over the course, so I thought that someone on here might be interested in the information.

jules89

Visit site
did you hear me commentating
laugh.gif

Shazzababs

Visit site
Which class were you commentating on ?

I was doing class 4, normally do the 3ft, but it was the first time out for 10 months. Probably a good job as he decided to do some 'airs above ground' coming back across the last field, and I had to retire before I died!

jules89

Visit site
the intro course? Yes I was commentatinig that - what was your horse's name? I was in the xc control box all day
smile.gif

Shazzababs

Visit site
My Horse was 'Pookshill Cracker'.

We were doing the 2'6" and I followed a girl who got to restart for some reason.
Had a stop at fence one, my fault, and because of the wait, and then got galloped off with on the way home. Gonna do the intro course at the HT in June.

The commentry sounded good, there was a bit of an echo in the lorry park though. Was it you who kept shouting at walkers for being on the course?

jules89

Visit site
oh yeah remembered that - no idea why they restarted that because they fell off anyway!

Ah no that was Dale (if it wa s abloke commentating at the time)

saskia295

Visit site
Jules! You were there and I didn't get to meet you?! Bum!! I hope you weren't commentating on my sailor language as I went round?!! Still, pone went dreamy after about fence 5!
smile.gif

jules89

Visit site
yep stilton I saw u - commented on your round, he was cracking!

saskia what was your horses name and in what height?

wessexyeoman

Visit site
see youtube helmet cam video of 2'6 XC round! uploading now, takes about 20 minutes. annoyingly, though i finally got the look-down angle right instead of all sky or ears, i didnt level the camera properly so it looks like catherine rode with her head slightly tilted...but you can see most of the other jumps as well. google youtube then enter moreton catherine helmet cam...that should lead you to it

wessexyeoman

Visit site
also...the course will stay open up to and including sunday whether it rains or not, but will close if the rain causes the ground to get trashed...best to ring liz to check, but while the sun is shining there shouldnt be an issue

saskia295

Visit site
I didn't hear what you were saying Jules, but I hope it wasn't along the lines of 'Oh, that retard really shouldn't be on the course... And I'll call the RSPCA about that giant whack she gave him at number 2....'?!!!